BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

That's true. The Overture collab for Children of Erdrick was scrapped and left to a single figure to do the job. :?

But either way, I'm seeing that this is steadily making headway. Though, to tie in with the 75% fill quota rule that was mentioned in the FAQ, I'd probably say you'd aim for at least 20 filled spots before you start raiding GenDisc. I hope this is some kind of help.

Collaborations aren't automatically better... and they're harder to make.

Yeah, but they can be better, too. Im not saying do it, but what happens if a great mixer comes along, and says sign me up for "x" when its already taken? Just... be ready.

And noone has answered my problem, yet

Some people signed up for this project (namely Dew., Cerrax, and Adhesive_Boy) got the PM's I sent out, but have not yet read them. I have all of their AIM's listed for myself, but only Adhesive_Boy is ever on, although he is always away. How do I get their attention? I only have AIM, but if anyone else has one of the other services, try to get their attention. I don't want to lose anybody just because they ran out of time.
Everyone remembers "Zero Wing"? In fact, OCR was the first place to rediscover it, I think. Did CATS have a theme? You know where I'm going with this...

Comments? Did CATS even have a theme?

Avaris you better make the sinistral battle song kick major ass. You know that that song is one that has been highly anticipated.

The bar is quite high. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE?

Don't get your panties all in a bunch, it's gonna be bad ass. It's a pretty intense mix. Been goin through all my shiznite from Komplete 3 gathering instruments. Alot of the arrangement is already in place.

This game holds a special place in my heart right next to FF4. (or FFII like it says on the original title screen on the snes) I remember screwin up with the three differen coloured towers in the middle of the game and having to start over mother...

ed]
Everyone remembers "Zero Wing"? In fact, OCR was the first place to rediscover it, I think. Did CATS have a theme? You know where I'm going with this...

Comments? Did CATS even have a theme?

I downloaded the game's GYMs. It doesn't look like CATS had a theme, no. If someone who actually played the game can confirm this, that'd be nice.

Suppose someone could do the Intro. Would that be a statement of CATS' theme? I dunno.

Of course we're still recruiting! Or, rather, no. You know, I think the remaining tracks are fine on their own. We can always just go and put MIDI's in the album... no one would mind, right?

Yeah, yeah, I gotta lay off the sarcasm. Here's what Ill do:

I set the WIP date for Nov. 19, on Sep. 25. That was 55 days (I think, was my math off?). So, today's the 11th. Ill give you 55 days, same as everybody else. Thats till Dec. 5 (again... I think). How bout I do that for everybody who joins from this point on? 55 days for a WIP, I think thats good enough, right?

On a similar point... Cerrax and Dew. still haven't checked their inboxes... if someone else has a way to contact them, please do so. I sent them both emails... but, well, I dont know where that'll go.

Absolutely. You have to be the most slothful person I have ever met. I am personally disgusted, and your foulness is stinking up our thread. Leave, before your disease spreads to the rest of us. Just... just go.

Like I said, too much sarcasm. Don't actually leave. But the Calvin and Hobbes sig is too much. I'm thinking of scanning through my old books, too find a good sequence like that, if you wouldn't mind. I loved their books, and you made me go back and read them, for the first time in three years. Good for you!

EDIT: No, nevermind, I guess a sig is personal, and I wouldn't want to go around copying anyone else's. Mine took me two hours to think up... Ok, maybe it was like, 20 minutes, and it wasn't all at once, either, but I still wouldn't want anyone copying it. Everyone knows thats the symbol for Pi, right?

BTW, andyjayne, that one thing on your site, I really liked. Interesting, 'cause its showing off a bunch of styles, but you make it work.

Man, nothing ever turns out right...

I tried to make it look like a pie, and I end up with a cracker. A cracker! Like a saltine you get with soup at a diner. I hate those diners. You go, thinking you are going to end up with a nice meal, but every time you pick something you don't normally eat, it ends up all funky tasting. But I want new things! Every time I end up at a diner, it's either an egg omelette, pancakes, or a cheeseburger! Why don't I just go for lunch, and never stop by for dinner? 'Cause of my idiotic family, that thinks going to a crappy little diner is going to be better then Outback, Olive Garden, or Ben's Kosher Deli. What could possibly be wrong with them, that they think a diner's hot dogs could be better then one from Ben's? Plus, diners never have cream soda, and their meals don't come with knishes! Aaargh! People are so stupid!

Thats what I like. Already ~10 pageviews. So, I wonder whos listening in? Obviously, me, you, maybe a few other artists. But, do we have any fans yet?

... and tell me how lunch is. What is it, a sandwich? Soup? Souls?

Oh, and of course, there's the mix. IMO, it sounds a little sloppy, but in a good way, like the track itself is trying to pull itself together, out of a ooze-like state. Bits are dripping around, and congealing into a track. Its strange, but theres something primal about ti I like. K. Rool is a croc, after all, untouched by millions of years of evolution. Someone gets it! Tracks based on the character, not the original piece!

Hmm. Okay. I'll get going on the rest; I definately have my ideas sorted out.

So, in a sense this is like writing a character's theme for a movie. Remixing a theme, whichever. Writing for their character. I sorta just did it without even thinking about it.

But more importantly: I had crackers for lunch.

I know, I know. It was one of those days where there's nothing to make a sandwich with, I don't feel like making anything...so I start snacking and eventually just wander away from the kitchen in dismay.

Crackers, huh? If that isnt some sorta crazy coincidence, I dont know what is (See previous post). I had eggs on a roll, with cheddar cheese, and pepper. Simple, but great. Melts in your mouth warmth, and a bottle of OJ. Tropicana, I think. Does it really matter? Yes! Yes, it does!

But, yeah, the mix represents the character. Case in point, K. Rool is a croc. Unevolved for millennia (the tribal, primal beginning), but somehow manages to find a way to make good use of technology (maybe leading into techno or electronica?) Well, its up to you to decide... As long as you don't end up disappointing. But we shouldnt have to worry about that, should we? We'd better not. You know what happens to those who disappointed? They dont get to announce their lunch here!

And so what if we've got a weird thread? I like it, and obviously you do to if you haven't stopped coming back. I say we celebrate what we've got, not act ashamed of it. We wanna talk about our lunch, well you'd better believe that thats what we're gonna do. In fact, I say we report our lunch every day, unless it's another crappy diner. In that case, keep it to yourself. I really don't want to hear it.

LONG ASS ENTRY:

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHH!

ed]

And so what if we've got a weird thread? I like it, and obviously you do to if you haven't stopped coming back. I say we celebrate what we've got, not act ashamed of it. We wanna talk about our lunch, well you'd better believe that thats what we're gonna do. In fact, I say we report our lunch every day, unless it's another crappy diner. In that case, keep it to yourself. I really don't want to hear it.

I had a really bad school taco, so you probably don't want to hear about that. I wonder if the gas I've had all day is because of this :? )

Looks like there's a lot more people on the tracklisting now too. If you have any WIPS, especially newer ones, you can also send them to me. I am not dead.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History