BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Great to see more interest, but remember, Giygas may not make the final cut.

If you really want to work on this project, I reccomend just hoping for that theme, for now, but choose another (preferably one definatley ending up in the album), and keep it in the back of your mind.

I really should be more carefull when it comes to assigning tracks this early, but if they are certain finalists (Is that even what to call them?) I see no damage.

I noticed the list on page one is missing Kuja. I'd like to nominate his theme "Dark Messenger" for the project. Actually I'll try to list a few other good ones:

Vaati (Zelda Minish Cap)

Zeromus (FFIV)

Mr. X (Streets of Rage 2)

M. Bison (Street Fighter 2)

Rugal (King of Fighters series)

Sigma (Megaman X)

I'd better stop there or I'm going to start suggesting some really obscure stuff that no one will want to remix. :wink:

ed]Ok, Im gonna make this quick.

Arek - Im putting "/culex" onto the list, but should I do that, or keep FF4's soundtrack? They are both the same music, so, which boss (culex or the FF4 guy) is more "badass"?

The Culex battle music is just the normal ff4 boss battle song, so it would kinda "hinder" your idea. I suggest you add the battle music of when you fight the elements, which was "the dreadful fight".

That, and the final battle, should do ff4 justice :D

Dark Gaia's battle theme was one of the best I've ever heard. I hope he will be on the album. Grab an SPC of Illusion of Gaia. It might be on VGMusic too. Best. Boss Theme. EVAR.

If he does make it, I would like to request his theme to remix.

EDIT--Found a MIDI of it on VGMusic. Its called Final Battle. I'd also like to request the Dark King's battle theme from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. It is also on VGMusic. But I don't want to do that one. I would love to hear a remix of it tho :wink:

KTHNX

And as Reelmojo (muffinmixgirl)
Oh Arek *shakes head* so, so petty. If you're going to launch attacks at me, you could at least do it in threads that involve both me and her. Or, you know... in PMs, where it's just me and you.

Mojo was MMG? o.o

Anyway I see that there´s people nominating specific songs for the project. I´ll see if I can also send some in.

Some from the top of my head are Lavos´s or Magus´s battle themes (Chrono Trigger), either Andross or Star Wolf (Star Fox series, doesn´t matter what game), King Dedede or any of his goonies (Kirby series, again the game´s your call), Kefka or Atma (FF6) and Dracula (Castlevania series, doesn´t matter on the game in question).

Yeah, I know I saw some popular ones but it can´t really be a project without some of these :P

Rexy, if you didn't realise. I already have Lavos/Magus, and Andross, but I'll add Starwolf, Kefka, Atma, and Dracula.

Arek, why cant I use any Kirby villians? Are you saying not to use Lavos/Magus, Mother Brain, Robotnik, or whoever else? Im sorry, but just beacause Dedede was in an album already, doesnt mean I can't use him in this one.

...unless, there is an official policy against it. And I don't beleive there is one.

ed]]but just beacause Dedede was in an album already, doesnt mean I can't use him in this one.

]

First of all, I feel that if a project already covered a song, then why bother remixing it again. They covered it, so it is theirs.

Second, because it would be redundant.

I honestly doubt that will stop n00bs from making Ice Cap remixes. ;)

ed]]but just beacause Dedede was in an album already, doesnt mean I can't use him in this one.

]

First of all, I feel that if a project already covered a song, then why bother remixing it again. They covered it, so it is theirs.

Second, because it would be redundant.

I honestly doubt that will stop n00bs from making Ice Cap remixes. ;)

Heck I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the 2 mixes aren't the same thing, there's not really anything wrong with it. And it's really hard to say "Hey thats MINE i already DID that!". There's probably already mixes of most of these on OCR too, as well as with many other songs that were in projects.

And thank god no "I CHUSE ISECAP" cause it's not a boss.

]

Going by that notion, all of the remixes of Schala's Theme except for the first one should be taken off of OCR. Who cares if the same theme repeats itself in another project? The more the better, I say. :P

And on that note: How about Mithos from Tales of Symphonia?

]

Going by that notion, all of the remixes of Schala's Theme except for the first one should be taken off of OCR. Who cares if the same theme repeats itself in another project? The more the better, I say. :P

Yeah, Magus and Lavos should definitely both be on the chopping block for this project. Have at 'em.

BTW, if I remember correctly, don't you fight Terra in FF3/6 in her Esper form once? If so...

terramixlol

~.C.S.~

]

Yeah, Magus and Lavos should definitely both be on the chopping block for this project. Have at 'em.

BTW, if I remember correctly, don't you fight Terra in FF3/6 in her Esper form once? If so...

terramixlol

~.C.S.~

Shoot. i picked magus, but the page isn't updated...

And Claado i know your'e screaming "WHY WERENT YOU ON CHRONO SYMPHONIC!?!?"

]

terramixlol

~.C.S.~

INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Did you get the money?

]

terramixlol

~.C.S.~

INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Did you get the money?

Yes.

(yeah thread hijacked)

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History