Larry's mods for the Grado headphones

I own the Alessandro MS1 headphones, which are pretty much modified versions of the Grados (similar to the Grado 125 in sound).

Well, I found out about Larry Dale, a man who mods headphones (casings, wire, etc). More importantly, he has produced a series of pads called "C-pads." These are divided into two subcategories: z-flats and z-bowls. I was thinking about ordering a pair of C-pads to convert my Alessandro's from Supra-aural to Circum-aural (just to block out some outside noise as well as for the added comfort and enhanced sound quality). I am leaning more towards the z-flat since, as Larry himself kindly answered me in an e-mail, the z-flat retains more of the original Grado sound, while the z-bowls produce more of a Sennheiser sound.

My question is, anyone ever tried one of these mods?

Here's the link:

http://www.headphile.com/page16.html

Thanks for the help.

so larry mods the larry's mods threa-- oh i get it. i'm going to go kill myself now.

anyway, i'm curious about Grado mods and impressed that the Grados have such flexibility and inspire a modding community.

last time i needed pads for my RS2s i bought some regular bowls and they work out for me, but next time i might try something different, those C-pads look sweet.

cheers.