DAW files for posted ReMixes

YoshiBlade

That would ask YoshiBlade to buy FL, just so you know. Free FL can't open saved project files.

Free FL can absolutely open saved project files (how do you think the demo song works?). Free FL can only not open project files saved BY free FL.

In other words, you can save a project, and he can open it. He can save a project, and you can open it.

But he can not save a project, and open it himself. He can however, save it, send it to you, have you save it, and then you send it back, and he successfully reopens it. That's an actual loophole in the demo limitation. ;)

Free FL can absolutely open saved project files (how do you think the demo song works?). Free FL can only not open project files saved BY free FL.

In other words, you can save a project, and he can open it. He can save a project, and you can open it.

But he can not save a project, and open it himself. He can however, save it, send it to you, have you save it, and then you send it back, and he successfully reopens it. That's an actual loophole in the demo limitation. ;)

HAX how did you figure this out eh? eh?

HAH. Nice one. :-P

Reason did a similar demo, save all you want, but no opening of the save files, but I never tried to open a sent save file. What differentiates a personal ( one the free FL user created) save file from one sent from the (purchased edition) sender?

Reason did a similar demo, save all you want, but no opening of the save files, but I never tried to open a sent save file. What differentiates a personal ( one the free FL user created) save file from one sent from the (purchased edition) sender?

Nothing. The file will simply (likely) hold a boolean (true/false) flag for if it was saved by an unregistered copy of FL. Any unregistered copy of FL will see that flag and refuse to open it if it's "true".

Registered copies of FL, presuming the developers were efficient about it (they could very well not be... gol's not the best software dev), would likely skip looking for that flag in the first place (since it can open both demo-saved and full-saved, there's no reason to check the flag).

This is why when you download the demo, you can open any of the demo song project files located in the "Cool Stuff". They were all saved by registered copies of FL, and therefore the flag will be recorded as "false" (and so when the flag is checked by an unregistered FL, it sees that it was indeed saved by a registered one and will load it).

And so, to execute the save loophole, you need only have the demo-saved file (from person A) opened and resaved by a person with the full version (person B), so that when the person A tries to open it, the flag is "false" because it was saved by person B, and there you go, it runs.

Of course, this doesn't apply to the FL Remix Gauntlet, since all files would presumably be created by registered users, and you'd need only download them and open them.

Edited by Neblix

Yeah, as everyone else has said, it's probably best to simply request a source file from the artist in question, if you really want to see it yourself. For reasons that everyone here has presented (custom presets, different vst/vsti's, etc.) I understand that they're probably impractical anyway, though since Reason doesn't deal with these too often the RSN files would be an exception to that (the use of samples still apply to this, though).

are you sure you want to see my amazing naming skills such as:

- Pattern 1, pattern 2, pattern 3, etc

- Insert 1, Insert 2, Insert 3, etc

- Send 1, Send 2, Send 3, etc

and my personal favorite name for a project file:

- FuckingGodDamnBullSHIT!wqh3gya!

yes...That is an actual file name from one of my projects... As you can tell, I was stressed out XD.

are you sure you want to see my amazing naming skills such as:

- Pattern 1, pattern 2, pattern 3, etc

- Insert 1, Insert 2, Insert 3, etc

- Send 1, Send 2, Send 3, etc

and my personal favorite name for a project file:

- FuckingGodDamnBullSHIT!wqh3gya!

yes...That is an actual file name from one of my projects... As you can tell, I was stressed out XD.

Bwahahaha!!! I knew there were others, I have a few uncouth files names, but this one takes the cake "fuck clsow docmcutpet fuuuckf.reason"