USB MIDI Keyboards for XP.

So my midi keyboard that i've been using for the past several years just died today. (RIP Roland A-37) and since it's been long since discontinued I'm looking for something to replace it. Since i'm spending a lot of time traveling right now I am looking at the Arturia Minilab 25 key and the M-Audio Oxygen 25.

i went to my local guitar center today and noticed that these USB midi keyboards had windows 7 listed in the specs which made me wonder. I know that XP is officially dead and no longer supported by MS but wouldn't a midi keyboard still be able to work with XP?

(when i asked the guy at GC this he said he had no idea...):???:

For a USB MIDI connection, it would depend entirely on whether the drivers support XP. If you already have an interface with MIDI in/out that's XP-compatible, though, you could always run a MIDI cable from the keyboard through the interface rather than using USB (assuming the keyboard in question has MIDI in/out in addition to USB).

What are you doing with XP in 2015 !!! :P

Yea it's pretty bad isn't it? :)

All of my gear is so old that if I were to upgrade my OS I would need to upgrade EVERYTHING ELSE too. So i have to wait until I can stomach a $2000-$3000 expense.

I'm thinking about taking advantage of Guitar Center's return policy and checking out that Arturia keyboard. At worst if it doesn't work i'll get my money back.