Ninja Gaiden (2?) album [GATHERING INTEREST]

Life circumstances are still preventing me from being able to do almost any remixing, but I still want to try to contribute to this community and maybe inspire and encourage others. To that end, I'd like to start up an album project for a series (or game) near and dear to my heart: Ninja Gaiden.

I have a few album ideas I'd like to toss out there, and I'll pick one based on how much interest I can generate for each.

Option 1: A comprehensive album of Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos. This was my favorite game in the series, with fantastic music. It only has 5 remixes on OCR, 4 of which are of the same source, and none of them done less than 10 years ago. This goal would be to remix as many songs on the OST as possible; there are 31 songs total, but 8 of them are brief ditties, the second boss theme is a variant of the first, and a lot of the cutscene music is pretty repetitive. There are only about a dozen "must-do" sources. This could easily be just an OCRI (which is fine).

Option 2: Cover as much as possible of the NES Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. The first game has several remixes already, both on OCR and elsewhere, but only a few tracks get consistent attention, and again, nothing on OCR for almost a decade. Ninja Gaiden III isn't even on OCR, but it soundtrack doesn't seem to be very inspiring to people. I'd have to see a lot of interest in that game specifically to take this route.

Option 3: Open up the entire Ninja Gaiden series, including the Team Ninja iterations. The goal here wouldn't be to be exhaustive (obviously) but to hit up a handful of sources from the more popular games and try to hit as many of the individual games in the series as possible.

If any remixers are interested in any of these ideas, post here and let me know! I'll pick one of those directions once I get an idea of what people are interested in contributing to.

Edited by MindWanderer

If any remixers are interested in any of these ideas, post here and let me know! I'll pick one of those directions once I get an idea of what people are interested in contributing to.

I'm down to join in on this.

My 2 scents on these choices would that I would go with option 1.5 (omg,Rebel) If lots of ppl want to particpate, we can do a little thing where its NG2 VS NG3. that way, ur shooting 2 birds with one stone cuz In ur description, it sounds like you want ppl to pick NG2 or 3 more then NG1. so at least this way, those 2 games would receive more love and there will be some freedom to choose songs to remix since there will be more options.

but that's just my opinion, cuz if I was forced to pick one of the options in all seriousness. I would say just "option 1." If u wanted to start off an album on a specific game then y not go balls deep and say its only from that soundtrack.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...