OCR03116 - Castlevania 'Swing When You're Killing'

djpretzel

Ah, man, so smooth! With a jazzy piano piece like this, it's going to be hard to keep people from sliding all over the floor. I'm liking the uses of the vibraphone, which was amazing and perfect for this arrangement, as well the guitar and bass. Slick as hell, Nostalvania, I love this.

• 7 months later...

Ah, so Mr. Vania isn't doing piano-solo remixes only? :nicework: The acoustic bass is a really nice addition here, it adds something classy to the track, which is fitting for a jazz remix. The guitar and melodic percussion (dulcimer/xylophone?) coming up later are also fine choices of instrumentation. Everything sounds good together -- an interesting take on yet another Castlevania classic! (May I suggest adding some soft drums next time? :P)

Ah, so Mr. Vania isn't doing piano-solo remixes only? :nicework: The acoustic bass is a really nice addition here, it adds something classy to the track, which is fitting for a jazz remix. The guitar and melodic percussion (dulcimer/xylophone?) coming up later are also fine choices of instrumentation. Everything sounds good together -- an interesting take on yet another Castlevania classic! (May I suggest adding some soft drums next time? :P)

Oh yeah, drums! I used them in most of my newer remixes. So your suggestion has already been implemented :)

Merci for the review!