TLOZ: Song of Storms - Acoustic Remix

Benjaipod

Hey that's a pretty cool one. :) Your Arrangement is pretty creative without being too liberal (the parts you added fit nicely with the original melody), I cant complain about the mixing (I really like the soft strings in the backround).

I'd say your Remix has everything a remix needs, in my opinion. ;)

Hey that's a pretty cool one. :) Your Arrangement is pretty creative without being too liberal (the parts you added fit nicely with the original melody), I cant complain about the mixing (I really like the soft strings in the backround).

I'd say your Remix has everything a remix needs, in my opinion. ;)

Thanks!! i'm glad you liked it! :)

Ooooh, this is nice! Simple, but very pretty.

I think it would benefit from some very light percussion. Some sort of hand drums, perhaps?

Could perhaps use a little more variation towards the end.

Overall very pretty mix!

Thanks for your comments :D!! about the percussions, i tried some different latin percussion samples, and i finally decided not to use them. I think the lack of percussion gives an interesting atmosphere to the song. Anyway, thanks a lot :)!

• 2 weeks later...

Man this is pretty! The only thing I would recommend would be adding more lows to your guitars. Because of the lack of percussion and other instruments, you can really take advantage of the sound of the acoustic guitars making it much more rich in texture and shape. Maybe adding a little more variation, not much though. I wish you the best regardless :).

Nice sound! I feel you went a bit overboard with the reverb and maybe boosted the high frequencies a bit too much. The intro in particular sounds way too washy.

I agree with Mikeaudio about the lack of low frequencies, which is pretty noticeable in 0:57 for example.

In any case, nitpicking aside, this is a very pretty remix. I like the soft strings in the middle. I also like how you used the ideas from the song in the section at 2:20, it sounds very good!

I really enjoyed this ReMix. I like this theme a lot but normally what I find in different arrangements is that they insist in this urgence theme inherent in the game and it doesn't allow me to relax to the music. However in this ReMix I can just sit, close my eyes and listen in peace.

By the way, why didn't you try to do a mod review before submitting the track? I've seen it can be really useful to have an idea of what the judge would expect from a ReMix.

Anyways, I wish you good luck! :)

Nice stuff. I hope they pass you. I listened to the whole song and this is awesome. The only thing you could get as a no is too sparse. But then again, this is relaxing and well made It should be okay as is. 

Awesome stuff.

Thanks!! I'm glad you liked it :D

I really enjoyed this ReMix. I like this theme a lot but normally what I find in different arrangements is that they insist in this urgence theme inherent in the game and it doesn't allow me to relax to the music. However in this ReMix I can just sit, close my eyes and listen in peace.

By the way, why didn't you try to do a mod review before submitting the track? I've seen it can be really useful to have an idea of what the judge would expect from a ReMix.

Anyways, I wish you good luck! :)

Thanks for your comments :D!!... i'm kinda new in here, i really didn't know about that mod review thing xD. Next time i'll do it haha. Thanks again! :D

I personally felt like your guitars were rather thin (lacking in bass frequencies), but that did help avoid muddiness before 0:57 with the thunderstorm sound. Mainly, I would check your performance and arrangement personalization. There were some timing issues, like at 0:58 - 0:59 on the backing guitar, and some intonation issues, like at 1:01 - 1:02 on the backing guitar and 3:06 - 3:07 on the leads. When the harmonies come in more overtly at 1:36, that was where it started getting better. There is a decent amount of personalization here, hopefully not too liberal (wanna do a source breakdown for this?). I think it was good to incorporate original content in there; Song of Storms is pretty short.

Overall, somewhat cover-ish, but I think the arrangement is pretty solid. Isn't a very strong candidate IMO, but I think it's got a decent chance and has some good personalization; could be a tough call on account of the thinness of the guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally felt like your guitars were rather thin (lacking in bass frequencies), but that did help avoid muddiness before 0:57 with the thunderstorm sound. Mainly, I would check your performance and arrangement personalization. There were some timing issues, like at 0:58 - 0:59 on the backing guitar, and some intonation issues, like at 1:01 - 1:02 on the backing guitar and 3:06 - 3:07 on the leads. When the harmonies come in more overtly at 1:36, that was where it started getting better. There is a decent amount of personalization here, hopefully not too liberal (wanna do a source breakdown for this?). I think it was good to incorporate original content in there; Song of Storms is pretty short.

Overall, somewhat cover-ish, but I think the arrangement is pretty solid. Isn't a very strong candidate IMO, but I think it's got a decent chance and has some good personalization; could be a tough call on account of the thinness of the guitar.

Thanks for your comments. Some people told me that thin guitars thing too. I'll wait for the judges veredict and work in the mix again if needed... Thanks again!

• 2 months later...