WIP - Chrono Trigger: Frog's Theme (Jazz-Hop)

Antisheep

Okay, so this is pretty much the most incredible Frog's Theme arrangement ever. Friggin' Brink of Time material. And it's not even finished yet...can't wait til you're done with this.

You're joking, right? This is far better than anything on Brink of Time.

And no, that was not sarcasm, exaggeration [sic], or any other form of non-truth.

Okay, so this is pretty much the most incredible Frog's Theme arrangement ever. Friggin' Brink of Time material. And it's not even finished yet...can't wait til you're done with this.

And no, that was not sarcasm, exaggeration [sic], or any other form of non-truth.

dude the chrono corridor was such a dissappointment, I was so pissed off by that.

dude all of Brink of Time was such a dissappointment, I was so pissed off by that.

Fixed, and concurred.

dude all of Brink of Time was such a dissappointment, I was so pissed off by that.

Fixed, and concurred.

Heathens, all of you.

(Okay, maybe Chrono Corridor sucked. But only a little.)

ANTISHEEP!

Man, I can't beleive it took me so long to get around to this, especially after you did that awesome job on the Zelda Medly. This stuff is, much like the 4 pages before this one state, HOT. With extra chilli of goodness.

But just because I hate posting in a WIP thread with no advice what so ever, I'm going to go into ultra-picky mode. Also, because I'm a jerk. Anyways, the only problems I have with this mix are the following:

1) Length. But its a WIP, so that will be fixed.

2) The handclaps. With the rythym, I'm thinking finger clicks would be better. But this is NOT A BIGGY IN ANY WAY OR FORM. If you can't eaisily find a finger snap sample that fits the song, don't worry at all, because wrekcing this mix would be... sinful.

3) Compression. A bit too heavy for my tastes - and I get the feeling that being a bit lighter with the gain would give this mix a bit more room to show off its awesomeness. Again, by no means a biggy. I can't hear any distortion, but I think it would benefit from more dynamic range. This could just be me being anal again. Only worth playing around with if you have the time.

So that concludes todays "watch Splunkle try and find problems with an awesome mix" session. I hope it was helpful.

Any progress on this?

Also, when are we gonna see a submit of "A Venture Through Hyrule?"

Okay, first of all, the mods said VTH "sounds flat and dull", and Vig referred to the sections of the song as "medleytits". That was enough to make me never want to try to submit it again. OCR's pretty high-bar...plus some of the judges have no problem being disrespectful to others.

...Secondly, here's the story of what's up with Amphibious:

I borrowed a friend's GNX4 to record the guitar-work and he overwrote the effects I'd used. I tried to recreate them, but couldn't get things sounding right. So I'm either going to (1) have to spend a LOT of time re-engineering the effects (I mean a LOT) or (2) Re-record pretty much everything.

So that pretty much killed the creative drive I had for that song for the moment. (even though it's been a 2- or 3-week "moment". =P)

I *did* work on that keys solo like I promised, but I think it's pretty much trash. Here, listen.

Quick reply: =(

Long reply: Well, really sucky news about the guitar part. Mega suck. This would have been awesome to see on OCR. As for the keyboard solo, I actually thought it was really good, until it hit this part that was preety dodgy. Then it got back into doing its thing, but lost it again a few times. If you fix up the sucky bits, which I'm sure you can hear, it would be quite the pleasant.

Okay, first of all, the mods said VTH "sounds flat and dull", and Vig referred to the sections of the song as "medleytits". That was enough to make me never want to try to submit it again. OCR's pretty high-bar...plus some of the judges have no problem being disrespectful to others.

I personally think there's room for a reworking of the piece and a resub, but since I'm not a judge my opinion is worth precisely dick, and I can understand not wanting to go through that again.

Hope you regain momentum on Amphibious, it's shaping up to own.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...