WIP - Chrono Trigger: Frog's Theme (Jazz-Hop)

Antisheep

Nice sounds, but this is not a remix of frogs theme at all. I cant hear it anywhere in there.

That's what I thought the first time, but then I listened to it again and it is definitely a frogs theme remixed to the sexiest max, very nice.

My only complaint is the beginning, it sounds a little rushed when the sweet bass line starts to come in and it doesn't come in as smoothly as it should (considering how smooth the song is as a whole). but that is just my opinion

The lead guitar is generally pretty nice. There are a few notes scattered here and there that sound off, almost as though they were misplayed, but on the whole it's got a nice groove to it. I think it might be worthwhile to experiment with bringing the rhythm guitar more to the fore in places.

I don't like the claps. I mean, overall the percussion could use a little polish, but the claps in particular don't sound quite right to my ears. This might be fixed by zircon's suggestion of reverb, but I'm not sure. They sound out of place in this tune - fine in a four-on-the-floor piece twice this speed, but out of place in the relaxed Brink of Time style you've got goin' on.

Frog's theme is definitely in here. It's not as heroic as I'd like, but heroic doesn't seem to be what you're going for. On the other hand, this track can be as long as you like it to be, so if it ends up being double the present length, there's absolutely room for some heroic action.

I'm happy to see this posted in the WIP forum. It's very good now, and I wouldn't blink to see it posted as-is, but it has the potential to be even more awesome, and you seem all about fulfilling that.

Props for the references to Wind Scene as well.

Wait, what? I definitely missed that one.

As did I

As did I. I think he's talking about the melody going in runs of 3rds at times possibly. (Which is what the Wind Scene melody is mainly comprised of.)

Sorry, can't take credit for any subliminal references. ^_^ That's luck.

P.S. I *promise*, I'm trying to find time to finish it. I won't leave you!!!!!!

As did I

As did I. I think he's talking about the melody going in runs of 3rds at times possibly. (Which is what the Wind Scene melody is mainly comprised of.)

The bit I hear as Wind Scene starts at :42 at goes on for about 10 seconds, so yeah, only vague similarity. Still like it though. :)

As did I

The bit I hear as Wind Scene starts at :42 at goes on for about 10 seconds, so yeah, only vague similarity. Still like it though. :)

To me that sounds like this segment of Frog's Theme.

As did I

To me that sounds like this segment of Frog's Theme.

Yes. It's also the best part of the song.