Cyber Nations: Google Maps based Browser Game

supremespleen

http://www.cybernations.net/

Similar to Civ or NationStates, this MMO Browser game puts you in the seat of government leader. However, being Google Maps based, it has a bit of a cool twist.

The community is huge, the trade system is very cool, and the alliances and wars seem awesome.

I play as supremespleen, ruler of Woznia on the orange team. I'm located right on Cuba, while a mate of mine is in the Dominican Republic.

If you join, join the orange team and place yourself somewhere around Cuba/Dominican Republic so we're close together for trade, wars and other things.

If you're interested in joining, post here, and join here.

http://www.cybernations.net/

Similar to Civ or NationStates, this MMO Browser game puts you in the seat of government leader. However, being Google Maps based, it has a bit of a cool twist.

The community is huge, the trade system is very cool, and the alliances and wars seem awesome.

I play as supremespleen, ruler of Woznia on the orange team. I'm located right on Cuba, while a mate of mine is in the Dominican Republic.

If you join, join the orange team and place yourself somewhere around Cuba/Dominican Republic so we're close together for trade, wars and other things.

A nice feature of it, is it allows you to play as a peaceful nation, so you aren't constantly getting attacked. However, playing as a peaceful nation also takes more work to please your people.

If it seems slow, it means they've just upgraded stuff. Wait a bit, and it'll speed up.

Happy nation building!

note: If anyone has sugar as one of their trade goods, let me know. I need it so I can develop fast food. I have oil and wheat to offer.

Location has no effect on the game. So you don't need to be right next to each other unless you enjoy roleplaying like that.

For newbies: Joining alliances is recommended for easy access for trades and protection if attacked. Be aware that there's a world war going on right now.

No one is within 500 miles of me. Horray for unnamed Antarctic Ocean islands!

Actually many nations are within 500 miles of you, it's just that the map only shows nations that are within 500 miles of you that are in your range to attack.

The world war is actually pretty simple to explain.

The forum moderation and the game's admin are biased towards favoring the NPO (an alliance). The NPO are a bunch of elitist assholes who go around spamming threads with "HAIL EMPEROR IVAN!" and general dickery, because they can get away with it.

Just recently someone who was kicked out of another alliance called the LUE posted some goatse and other disgusting, but somewhat humorous in light of the NPO's attitude, crap on the forums. The NPO started throwing nukes at the LUE and GATO, the oldest alliance in cybernations, was bound by their Mututal Defense Pact to help the LUE. As well as a good set of morals.

The NPO has a long history of just starting wars over random crap and then at the end demanding incredible amounts of money and tech (very expensive) in reparations. Combined with their asshattery most of cybernations has gone to war with them.

SO far its; GATO-LUE-GGA-GPA-ODN-UDU and more against NPO-NpO-IGC. The IGC just dropped out though afaik, and the NpO is a puppet alliance.

It gets better though, a cabal called the Coven of the Lost has been sneaking around and basically recording history.

AAAaaaand thats basically the story of the 3rd cyberworld war.

[edit]

Forgot to mention, since the war started the NPO has been accusing everyone not shouting "HAIL IVAN" of supporting rape in real life.

The world war is actually pretty simple to explain.

The forum moderation and the game's admin are biased towards favoring the NPO (an alliance). The NPO are a bunch of elitist assholes who go around spamming threads with "HAIL EMPEROR IVAN!" and general dickery, because they can get away with it.

Just recently someone who was kicked out of another alliance called the LUE posted some goatse and other disgusting, but somewhat humorous in light of the NPO's attitude, crap on the forums. The NPO started throwing nukes at the LUE and GATO, the oldest alliance in cybernations, was bound by their Mututal Defense Pact to help the LUE. As well as a good set of morals.

The NPO has a long history of just starting wars over random crap and then at the end demanding incredible amounts of money and tech (very expensive) in reparations. Combined with their asshattery most of cybernations has gone to war with them.

SO far its; GATO-LUE-GGA-GPA-ODN-UDU and more against NPO-NpO-IGC. The IGC just dropped out though afaik, and the NpO is a puppet alliance.

It gets better though, a cabal called the Coven of the Lost has been sneaking around and basically recording history.

AAAaaaand thats basically the story of the 3rd cyberworld war.

[edit]

Forgot to mention, since the war started the NPO has been accusing everyone not shouting "HAIL IVAN" of supporting rape in real life.

Excuse me but I don't consider myself an elitist asshole because I'm part of the NPO and like to roleplay a little bit.

EDIT: I'd also like to add a request to prevent this kind of talk on OCR, especially to that related to specific alliances. The CN forums are already littered with spam, flames, and outright nonsense that it corrupts the minds of almost all who play just a bit seriously. I don't want this to happen here at OCR.

Nation: Iron Directorate

Don't expect much action from me, I'm deep into Oblivion right now, so... I agree with BM, I want my own flag!

Looks like a nice game though. Nice find, spleen.

EDIT: Spleen, I have t3h sugar (And uranium. What else do you need, really.), but all your trade slots are full. Do you still need it, or what?

Don't expect much action from me, I'm deep into Oblivion right now, so... I agree with BM, I want my own flag!

EDIT: Spleen, I have t3h sugar (And uranium. What else do you need, really.), but all your trade slots are full. Do you still need it, or what?

Well, I just asked you anyway. :D

I'd rather trade with you than someone I don't know.

Hmm, just looked at my trade list. The way I have my trading set up, I can't easily switch out. Plus, I'm getting diamonds and sugar from one guy.

Damn sweet deal.

Sorry, can't deal right now.

Hit me up on aim next time you're on though.