Cyber Nations: Google Maps based Browser Game

supremespleen

Wait, do we actually have an alliance to join at the moment, cause I'm on the fence with the IRON people, and I need to know how soon this is gonna go down.
I believe we do. Is there an actual interface in the game where we select the alliance? If so, I'll need to set that up.

I don't see an actual interface button or anything. If you check out the forums, there's an entire section with stickies about Alliances. I can't really decipher all of it, but it seems that everything is done offsite. After enough time, the mods/admins somehow "sanction" certain alliances. That forum seems to be the only soucre of info. I'm still reading.

Wait, do we actually have an alliance to join at the moment, cause I'm on the fence with the IRON people, and I need to know how soon this is gonna go down.
I believe we do. Is there an actual interface in the game where we select the alliance? If so, I'll need to set that up.

There are only like ten major alliances that are recognized in-game. The rest are unsanctioned and not officially part of the game.

Perhaps we could explore the possibility of forming some sort of sub-alliance within IRON.

Capital Flopia

Ruler: Megawomb

I gots Oil and Cattle

I'm still a little lost on what resources do

This thread helps a lot with learning how the game works.

Basically, each resource gives you certain bonuses. For example, your oil "lowers initial soldier cost -$3.00, increases population happiness +1, and increases solder count +4%," while your cattle "increases number of citizens +5% and lowers initial land cost -10%" (from this thread). When you trade with other people, you get the bonuses their resources carry. Also, if you collect certain combinations of resources from trade agreements, you get "bonus resources" (see this thread for more info about that).

Don't worry about being "recognized" by the admins and the mods as part of the game. The politics going on are all official in the RP forum so as long as you establish yourself some forums and an irc channel you're as legit as the rest. The most powerful guys are just recognized in game. As I said before, announcing your existence after you guys get started on that stuff will officially make you guys part of the politics in the game.

I'm in the Panama canal, I have pigs and wine.

Edit: I'm Simulated Nation.

I'm in desperate need of money though, land's expensive down there (and I wasted $400 of my $500 on it).

I mean, jesus, $400 for a square mile? I'm not made of drugs!

Or am I...?

Someone just sent me a message, something about "IRON". Should I join?

I'm in the Panama canal, I have pigs and wine.

Edit: I'm Simulated Nation.

I'm in desperate need of money though, land's expensive down there (and I wasted $400 of my $500 on it).

I mean, jesus, $400 for a square mile? I'm not made of drugs!

Or am I...?

Don't worry, you'll get more money at 1AM tonight.

Also, once you do get money, spend it on infrastructure. It's best to have a 2:1 infrastructure:land ratio. Also, don't bother buying land unless there's more than 70 citizens per square mile.

Unless I'm missing something, this game is designed for those interested in a long haul. Unlike Starcraft and Age of Empires, you won't have a functioning city within thirty minutes or an hour.

Land and infrastructure are definitely expensive. It says you need 1000 citizens for an improvement building. I have a whopping 121. It's going to be a while. :oops:

I think it would be keen if we could take all of Cuba eventually.

Except there's the problems of "location doesn't matter" and "you can only attack within your own rank."

He just wants a cigar monopoly. :D
The location doesn't matter, sure, but it would look cool if Cuba was all orange.

Even so, you have a point. I want to get into the PvP aspect. Is the sole purpose of war to piss people off and gain a bit of land?