Cyber Nations: Google Maps based Browser Game

supremespleen

Welcome new nations to the OverClocked Alliance! Here is the best place to learn more about the game workings.

Who is currently drafting an alliance charter, and how is it coming along?

I have it all written on piece of paper. It's a matter of me scanning or typing it. Can't do it now, I'm about to go to bed. I'll have it tomorrow though. [:]

ok so I'm nearing 5k income (gonna hit like 4.3k today) and I was wondering, how important is technology? Should I keep buying infrastructure for a while, or pick up some tech? Well thanks to any vets (or new people who know what they are doing) who can help me.

ok so I'm nearing 5k income (gonna hit like 4.3k today) and I was wondering, how important is technology? Should I keep buying infrastructure for a while, or pick up some tech? Well thanks to any vets (or new people who know what they are doing) who can help me.

Technology affects three things: happiness, battle outcomes, and nation strength. If you have 0 tech then you lose 1 happiness, but you increasingly gain happiness for tech that is over 0.5. Battle outcomes are generated randomly, but are influenced by your technology. With a higher tech, you generally get more kills per unit military (infantry, tanks, and cruise missles). You also need 10 tech to get nuclear weapons. Technology has a large affect on the nation strength calculation.

My advice is to buy some tech to get your nation out of the caves (and your literacy to something reasonable) if you don't have any yet. It may give you an edge in any battles you fight. It doesn't take much tech to satisfy a new nation, but having none is really detrimental all around.

I just started saving for tech enhancements a few days ago. Do you hav eto buy a full lever at once, or can you buy fractions of a level?

You can buy in fractions, just like with infrastructure.

Ah, good. In that case I can buy up to half a level within the next week.

I just started saving for tech enhancements a few days ago. Do you hav eto buy a full lever at once, or can you buy fractions of a level?

You can buy in fractions, just like with infrastructure.

Ah, good. In that case I can buy up to half a level within the next week.

I was reading around in the forums and most of the veterans claim that you should save up to buy technology in one level increments. It has something to do with the cost of technology going up after each purchase.

I was reading around in the forums and most of the veterans claim that you should save up to buy technology in one level increments. It has something to do with the cost of technology going up after each purchase.

I believe this is because the price of tech goes up with each integer increase in tech level. So if you have 7.5 tech and you buy 1 tech you will pay the 7-8 level price for all of it, which costs less, for example, than buying 0.5 tech at the 7-8 price and 0.5 tech again at the (higher) 8-9 price.

So really, the most ideal (but not at all practical) situation would be to make one single investment in all the technology you ever plan to use because it would cost you exactly $10,000 times the number of levels you buy.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

EDITed for :) .

I believe this is because the price of tech goes up with each integer increase in tech level. So if you have 7.5 tech and you buy 1 tech you will pay the 7-8 level price for all of it, which costs less, for example, than buying 0.5 tech at the 7-8 price and 0.5 tech again at the (higher) 8-9 price.

So really, the most ideal (but not at all practical) situation would be to make one single investment in all the technology you ever plan to use because it would cost you exactly $10,000 for the number of levels you buy.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

That sounds about right. As people get higher levels of technology, the cost will rise. You can use foreign aid with friendly countries to purchase their technology at a reduced rate, but it's a somewhat lengthy process. I don't think any of us are at that point yet, but it's an option.

How quickly does the population increase (with area and infrastructure factored in, I assume)?

I believe population depends entirely upon infrastructure. The more infrastructure you have, the more people your nation can accommodate. I'm not sure of the precise relationship, however.

Does anyone know to where I can look (which thread on the forums, basically) which talks about pop. growth? The only thing I've seen is "the more infrastructure, the quicker the growth." Nothing specific.
CN wiki[/url'>]A nation usually gains from 7 - 10 people per infrastructure point

Also see the discussion in this thread. Infrastructure is the only thing at this time that affects your population, so pump your funds into infrastructure!

Abridged OCRA Code

Article 1: Trade

• If possible, I will trade with members of the OCRA.
    If someone in the OCRA is in need of food or other items due to starvation or I will sacrifice my nations happiness for a short time to assist them. I am not required to do this if it will severely hurt my nation.

Article 2: War

• I will not declare war without discussing it with my alliance members.
    If one of the OCRA members is under attack, I agree to assist them.

Uhh, what else do we need?

Abridged OCRA Code

Article 1: Trade

• If possible, I will trade with members of the OCRA.
    If someone in the OCRA is in need of food or other items due to starvation or I will sacrifice my nations happiness for a short time to assist them. I am not required to do this if it will severely hurt my nation.

Article 2: War

• I will not declare war without discussing it with my alliance members.
    If one of the OCRA members is under attack, I agree to assist them.

Uhh, what else do we need?

I dunno, it seems good to me. Maybe something saying we won't sell out members of our alliance for membership in another or money or anything else. Some kind of "Anti Benedict Arnold" clause. If said clause is violated, they forfeit any claims they had to any benefits of being in the OCRA (obviously), and become the immediate enemy of the OCRA, subjecting themselves to immediate annihilation (if they haven't yet become a member of another alliance, of course).

That's my only suggestion. Falchion, can you make any?