Cyber Nations: Google Maps based Browser Game

supremespleen

So, I don't know if this counts as cheating or not, but you can jump your taxes up to, like 25% right before you collect taxes, then drop them to happier levels right after, and your happiness goes right back. I've only done it twice, but I've noticed no ill short-term effects. Your thoughts?

All right gang. I'm nearing the 1000 citizen mark(I'm at 800). For those of you that haven't played around fully yet, getting 1000 citizens allows you to purchase a permanent improvement structure that can never be taken away. All of the improvements are expensive.

The advice scattered around seems to suggest that saving up for the Harbor is the first thing every new nation should attempt. The Harbor provides a modest income boost, but its big draw is an extra trade resource slot. I assume I should gun for this next? It costs a whopping 120K. Ouch. Some of those other improvments look mighty juicy. :D

What are the rest of you thinking?

All right gang. I'm nearing the 1000 citizen mark(I'm at 800). For those of you that haven't played around fully yet, getting 1000 citizens allows you to purchase a permanent improvement structure that can never be taken away. All of the improvements are expensive.

The advice scattered around seems to suggest that saving up for the Harbor is the first thing every new nation should attempt. The Harbor provides a modest income boost, but its big draw is an extra trade resource slot. I assume I should gun for this next? It costs a whopping 120K. Ouch. Some of those other improvments look mighty juicy. :D

What are the rest of you thinking?

I'd say that if there's any other improvements that are significantly less expensive but give a large income boost then you might want to go for the first to help pay for the harbor. Of course, it all has to do with which has a higher payout, especially since you can't get another new improvement until 2000 citizens and the fact that you're saving for another improvement will cause your population to stagnate... So yeah, go for the harbor, but don't save up all your money at once - set some aside for infrastructure and whatnot.

Awesome, a guy offered me 3000$ in foreign aid if I traded with him. I'll use it to let the taxes on my citizens pile up.

Also, I don't see any nation within 500 miles of my own. The map shows nothing. Anyone have an idea of why this is happening?...

Awesome, a guy offered me 3000$ in foreign aid if I traded with him. I'll use it to let the taxes on my citizens pile up.

Also, I don't see any nation within 500 miles of my own. The map shows nothing. Anyone have an idea of why this is happening?...

Maybe people are all out of your rank range.

My...rank range?...

My...rank range?...

When you're looking at your main nation page, examine all the links at the top. You'll see Nation Info, Messages, Government, Military, and so on. The last link is Ranking. Click it. Your nation will be highlighted in yellow in the middle of the list. I believe you can declare war with any of the people below and above you. If they are not in this range, then you can't directly attack them.

You can, however, give money to others that can declare war on them (because their nation has a different rank which allows them to target a different group of countries).

There is less than a day left for the nominations process of the OCA elections for August. Check out HQ.

There is a built-in function in the game for tracking members of alliances based on the presence of a keyword listed in their nation bio. Here is our list. In order to get on the list, you must place "OCA" somewhere in your nation bio, and it MUST have spaces around it (unless it is at the beginning or end of the bio). For example, you can't put a period directly after "OCA".

Good:

"Proud member of the OCA ."

Bad:

"Proud member of the OCA."

Please make the necessary changes to your nation bio so we have easy access to an in-game list of all members.

Woot! 1000 citizens! It's about time, I know. I'm planning on saving up for a bank unless someone can suggest something else (I'm looking in your direction, falchion...)

EDIT: I also changed my nation's bio so now I show up in the alliance list. Again: woot!

Woot! 1000 citizens! It's about time, I know. I'm planning on saving up for a bank unless someone can suggest something else (I'm looking in your direction, falchion...)

EDIT: I also changed my nation's bio so now I show up in the alliance list. Again: woot!

Hold it. Everyone on the CN forums, and I mean everyone, claims that a harbor is the way to go. The extra trade slot will reap dividends and you only get to have one.