OCR00569 - Mega Man X "Brainsick Metal"

orkybash

I've listened to this a few times, and it's a good remix. Very long at almost 7 minutes long, but what Protricity did that was great, is that the song doesn't drag on. The whole song keeps me going, it doesn't make me think "Ok, gonna hit next song, this has gotten boring." It's also a very catchy song.

8/10 :)

Nice Remix.

It is definitely fast-paced, but that's not a bad thing.

I enjoy the first theme in the medley (Intro level) more than the other two. (Storm Eagle, Spark Mandrill) Although all three sound good overall.

This remix starts of well IMO, with the fast paced backround drums and guitar, and slides in to the main part of the theme, and that's something I repsect in a remix. This theme goes on and then slides into Storm Eagle's theme, which has a good sound to it. Although the Chikusho Sound Team's job was better sounding to me. This medley by Protricity has a defined sound though, so no real complaints should be made. Once the storm eagle theme has gone for 1 minute, 45 seconds, the Spark Mandrill theme will be transitioned in to. It also is fast-paced, but sounds almost just right for what it is.

Nice job with with drums, nice job with guitars.

This is probably the best or second best MMX theme on this site. Give it a download if you are a MMX fan, or just curious.

• 1 month later...

Very nice remix, one of my personal favorites. It always flows smoothly and always feels "MMXish". The guitar sounds synthed (sp?) at times, but I think it adds flavor to this particular song. 2:51 sounds kinda ugly, but all other parts are fantastic. A must download for rock fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion, this is the best MMX remix. Ever. Not only did he use four of my absolute favorite themes in the game, but he also kept them relitively the same, while molding them into one, complete song that sounds utterly incredible. I sincerely hope we'll see an oncore from him sometime in the future: I would wet myself if I ever heard a remix of the MMX2 opening stage by him ;p

This has been one of my favorite arrangments for some time now. Why I haven't posted in regards to it in time past is abit of an enigma to me.

Basically this mix will keep you listening from start to finish. I, personally; like the second half better than the first but it's all great. For some reason, though, the melodies at the end really hit me the right way. 3:02 is where it really takes off, then at 4:40 it gets even better.

Truly great work. ReMixes like this one are the reason I am a fan of Overclocked. Not just good, but a true masterpiece. In one word: prodigious.

I like this remix a lot, I just dislike when the song goes from one tune to the other, too much going on for me. But this guy really captured what the game supposed to have sounded like, rather than messing with the scores too much. That's what I try to look for in these remixes. = ) There was one song that I thought should be in this one though, Flame Mammoth's stage....

• 1 month later...

Ho...ly...crap! This is freagin' awesome! My first time on OCR, I came to M, saw Mega Man X, and thought, "Hey, these people have good taste!" I then scanned the titles, and Brainsick Metal, being the coolest one there, caught my eye. I checked it out, and it was love at first...hearing? This song is great, and some of the better songs from a great game. Ah, I can listen to this song anytime...its just that fricken cool. Woo! Great!

In my opinion, this is the best MMX remix. Ever. Not only did he use four of my absolute favorite themes in the game, but he also kept them relitively the same, while molding them into one, complete song that sounds utterly incredible. I sincerely hope we'll see an oncore from him sometime in the future: I would wet myself if I ever heard a remix of the MMX2 opening stage by him ;p

um dood, there were onlt 3 songs in it, but other than that I TOTALLY AGREE! although it is by far the most professionaly done song, I do sometimes like a slow pace but if I wan't a slow pace i'd go for the origional series, this series, the x series, is a fast pased one!

make another one lie this pleeeeeeeeeeeeease! :puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes:

I like this remix a lot, I just dislike when the song goes from one tune to the other, too much going on for me. But this guy really captured what the game supposed to have sounded like, rather than messing with the scores too much. That's what I try to look for in these remixes. = ) There was one song that I thought should be in this one though, Flame Mammoth's stage....

THAT WOULD OWN!

wht not make a special edition, featuring all 8 songs (the lamer ones like chill pinguins can be shorter) and have it end in the fortress songs and finally the sigma fight!

DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i did. months ago. no need to shout about it.

but what about the newbies to the site, WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE! THINK OF THE NEWBIES!

perfect when I go around in a dataflash run

(dataflashing is the internet equivilence of channel surfing)

Edited by Liontamer
quadruple post merge

• 1 month later...

When I first heard this I was thinking, 'So what, the in-game music sounds like this anyway.' But upon a closer listen, wow, this really has been done up fantastically, tweaking that synth. That lead-in to Spark Mandrill at 4:14ish.. awesome! There's just a tremendous energy in this that never lets up and takes you on a real rollercoaster, great arrangment and a great piece to wake you up in the morning!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I listened the original musics, of course. That is VERY megaman. All songs from megaman is rock. Therefore he is called rockman. Yeah, this stuff is pure rock in roll. Ari has the custom to modify more than one music. Here, Prot transformed the First Stage, Storm Eagle's Stage and Spark Mandrill's Stage. Wow, good versions! Another great remix from Ari.

Huh...brainsick metal in my ears. yenk!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00569 - Mega Man X "Brainsick Metal"