ogg to mp3?

I'm looking for a program that converts ogg to mp3. I don't need anything really fancy, just something quick. Somehow I remember having a program called "oggdrop" in the past, but I don't seem to have it anymore. When I looked on their site, it said things about playing ogg files, when all I remember is a little icon that you dragged ogg files onto to convert them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or know of something better?

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

enjoy your re-encoding artifacts :3

OGG IS LOSSLESS NO ARTIFACTS, N00B! lol

Was that a joke? Ogg is lossy, so there WILL be re-encoding artifacts.

(i believe you can put flac in an ogg container nowadays so that would be lossless. But i think everyone assumed that we were talking about the lossy Vorbis in an ogg container here).

dBpowerAmp didn't seem to work because it was a trial or something, and winamp said something similar on its site.

Winamp comes in 2 flavors: Basic and Pro.

Basic is free, Pro is like $20. The main difference is CD ripping and burning speeds. But, also you can encode into propriatary formats (WMA, AAC, MP3 [yes, MP3 is a propriatary format, despite it becoming a psuedo-standard. That is why you have to pay for many mp3 encoders as there are licensing fees to use the format]) with pro.

You do not lose the ability to playback formats or install plugins with basic.

Winamp will play ogg files so you won't need to re-encode.

If you must re-endoce, then get Win-Lame. Can't get any free-er that open source. ;)http://winlame.sourceforge.net/

dBpowerAmp didn't seem to work because it was a trial or something, and winamp said something similar on its site.

Basic is free, Pro is like $20. The main difference is CD ripping and burning speeds. But, also you can encode into propriatary formats (WMA, AAC, MP3 [yes, MP3 is a propriatary format, despite it becoming a psuedo-standard. That is why you have to pay for many mp3 encoders as there are licensing fees to use the format]) with pro.

If you must re-endoce, then get Win-Lame. Can't get any free-er that open source. ;)http://winlame.sourceforge.net/

Another open source solution is MediaCoder . It's what I use for formatting my collection. I rip WAVs from my SPC/NSF/GYM/etc.. collections, and use MediaCoder to mass encode them to ogg for my portable player (Which happens to be a hacked Nintendo DS running MoonShell). Somewhat ironically, MoonShell now supports these formats so my effort was in vain.

But MediaCoder did the job of mass-encoding well. I believe for an input format as common as ogg-vorbis, you can batch transcode easily without ripping to wav like I did for the less-common videogame formats.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

enjoy your re-encoding artifacts :3

OGG IS LOSSLESS NO ARTIFACTS, N00B! lol

Was that a joke? Ogg is lossy, so there WILL be re-encoding artifacts.

(i believe you can put flac in an ogg container nowadays so that would be lossless. But i think everyone assumed that we were talking about the lossy Vorbis in an ogg container here).

What a newb, that snapple-newb.

that, or get winamp 2, that is way better than winamp 5, and can decode/encode from ANY file format.

for me, I'll never get rid of my winamp 2.23. it's great.

uhhh... nineko. You know that winamp 5 can take all your winamp 2 plugins, right? So anything you can do in winamp 2 you can do in winamp 5. Just because winamp 5 can do something natively if you pay monies doesn't mean it can't do the same things for free with plugins.