Spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee

Neifion

I think everyone should go back and play BK ( and I suppose BT)...and pause to realize that at every single single level of game play does something new. I mean think about, in Mario64 we all remember Bob-omb Battlefield, but each level becomes slightly less than the last CoolCool Mountain> Dire Dire Docks>Tick Tock Clock the worlds kind of run together, they had sharp gameplay, but nothing new is introduced control or gameplay wise. Each level in BK introduced a new mechanism to further the plot and the gameplay and that is why ( at least for me) it give a whole gameplay experience Rusty Bucket Bay = Gruntilda's lair= Treasure-Trove Cove=Golbi Dessert.  They did near everything with that N64 controller and you could  call it total controller utilization...I'm interested to see if they'll just try and cash in on a platformer, with ZaNy Nuuu ChAraCteRs...DAAAAWWG!!!! Or do what they...were....best at, specifically innovative inputs and gameplay. I'm kind of skeptically due to the cross platform nature...What works on the WiiU probably isn't going to work on the Xbox or Ps4, which leads me to believe the gameplay aspect is going to be watered down so they can expand their market...I hope not, I hope that the cross platform endeavors causes them to obliterate my expectations of how we play platformers, post Super Mario Galaxy... (ps music is gonna be on point either way...sooooo buy it for the soundtrack)

I hope the orchestral score is light and lets the retro-ness breathe. Something far, far away from Mario Galaxy.

Mario Galaxy 1&2 are some of the best Mario soundtracks of all time. :/

In any case, there are WIP's on the Kickstarter page, and Grant + Dave Wise are the composers, so no one can do the "original vibe" better than them.

• 1 month later...