OCR01499 - *YES* Tetris (GB) 'Thirty-Plus Mix'

Liontamer

Artist/Remixer: R3FORGED

Email Addy :xeon_of_sarion@hotmail.com

Website: Uh...don't really have one, but all of my work/comps are on

Acidplanet (http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=346985&T=2418)

Userid: I'm not sure how to get to my userid#...

-------------

Game:Tetris (GB)

Song: B-Music

Remix Name: Tetris (Thirty-Plus Remix)

Comments:The previous email I sent had the same remix, however the Id tag was not edited...here's a file that suits the requirements much more. My apologies for the mistake...I don't think it will take up much space in your inbox... :\

And I apologize as well for attaching the file to the email. There is no other way for me to send it via mp3. I don't have a website other than acidplanet (doesn't really count), and acidplanet only lets me give .wma files...so again, I apologize for the situation...

I was really tired of the horrible midi-instrument swap dillio, and the horrible representation of electronica on the web, so I decided to add to the chaos...I'm not going to say that my stuff is the bomb-diggity, because I know it's not that great, but a large sum of people have complimented my work. I was convinced to put this remix up for grabs not too long ago, so I ask you: Is it good enough for OC?

-R3

This is some very crisp production. The only issue I have with it that it takes toooo long to get to the main bit, then it's all over much too quickly. I think I will pass this, but if it is rejected overall for some reason, then get that snare in at least 30 seconds sooner. Like Paul Okenfold's 'Dread Rock'.

YES

Indeed this production is Hott. With two Ts. When the kick + bass came in full, I was expecting a muddy mess, to be honest (as that's what we usually get here), but instead, it sounded awesome. Things only really got better from there; normally I'm something of a stickler when it comes to electronic music production, but I have absolutely NO complaints whatsoever for this ReMix's production. Amazing job there.

Ok... now, of course, the other part of an OCReMix is it's arrangement. It can be very challenging to succcessfully adapt a tune into a style like the one you have here. I think that you did a good job, all things considered. You were true to the genre without losing sight of the original, and had enough variation of the melody to keep it interesting. Really, my only complaint is that considering the length of the mix, the intro is somewhat long, and the ending is comparatively short. However, this is not a big enough issue to merit a NO vote by any means. This is an excellent remix and I hope to hear more from you in the future!

YES

Awesome. Near-professional production. The track could afford to be about twice as long, as it doesnt really have time to develop as it should. However, what's here is tight, slick, warm, and for some reason is filling my writing with hysterical adjectives (yes, hysterical. Look it up).

YES

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/tetris.zip - Track 3

On a personal taste level, some of the shriller sounds here bothered me, and I'm not really a fan of the genre, but the arrangement here was pretty good, and I appreciate everything that was done here.

The melodic content at 1:37 was straightforward to start, but everything was dressed up nicely with expansionist ideas and varied instrumentation. The rest of the track more than qualified in terms of interpretation within the genre adaptation. The production was pretty damn beefy without being needlessly loud and overbearing; very solid.

Indeed, like Vigilante, I actually felt like this had enough potential to develop for another couple of minutes, which is a huge compliment given how often we hear mixes in this genre that overstay their welcome. Nice work, Ian, and welcome aboard. Genuinely looking forward to hearing whatever you've got in store next.

YES