RWS 3-5: Saturday Morning is Forever

MindWanderer

Ducktales (NES) is allowed?

I knew that would be peoples' first choice! Yes, just not the title theme. The Moon is allowed even though we don't really need any more of those....

If Mark is willing, may I pair with Mark Sparling? The Man's got chops that's for sure! I'm going to start now either way...

Mark Sparling is signed up as a Novice. Esperado, Jorito, and KingTiger are the Stars potentially up for grabs if they agree (since all expressed some hesitancy one way or another).

I knew that would be peoples' first choice! Yes, just not the title theme. The Moon is allowed even though we don't really need any more of those....

Mark Sparling is signed up as a Novice. Esperado, Jorito, and KingTiger are the Stars potentially up for grabs if they agree (since all expressed some hesitancy one way or another).

Yeah, I saw that,  I'm not sure if 2 stars will sign up, so rather than have 1 person have to sit a round out, why not work together?  This is all conjecture, if Mark wants to work with a star he should. I was just thinking of a contingency if there aren't enough stars. PS....TMNT? That was certainly a cartoon and lotta great TMNT VGM! 

PS....TMNT? That was certainly a cartoon and lotta great TMNT VGM! 

Sure.  TMNT was originally a comic book, but the games are based on the cartoon.

Are we allowing games developed for mobile (if a soundtrack exists)?

Sure, though the usual OCR guidelines for indie games apply (i.e. it shouldn't be too obscure).  In this case, if it's officially licensed, it's probably fine.  For instance, Transformers Legends (based on G1) would be OK (I'm assuming it has a unique soundtrack, I haven't played it myself), though Transformers: Age of Extinction would not (being based on the movie).

Yeah, I saw that,  I'm not sure if 2 stars will sign up, so rather than have 1 person have to sit a round out, why not work together?  This is all conjecture, if Mark wants to work with a star he should. I was just thinking of a contingency if there aren't enough stars. PS....TMNT? That was certainly a cartoon and lotta great TMNT VGM! 

I'm down to either go with a star or pair with YoshiBlade. Either works for me! I'm just happy to be a part of this competition.

So, to clarify, Cartoon Network's "Attack The Light" mobile game (based on Steven Universe) would be 100% ok?

EDIT: you know what, I'm just going to assume "yes" and get started.

Never heard of it, but it looks legit.  As long as the source you remix isn't taken from the show.

So I'm assuming a Mickey Mouse game would be ok, right? Since Mickey Mouse's first appearance was in a cartoon show.

Ehh... "Steamboat Willie" debuted on the silver screen.  Mickey's actually had precious few appearances that were first shown on TV.  If the game you choose is specifically based on something that came out on TV first, that would be OK.

I'm down to either go with a star or pair with YoshiBlade. Either works for me! I'm just happy to be a part of this competition.

Time's a wastin', and no word from KingTiger, so let's assume he isn't signing up.  Yoshiblade with Esperado, Mark Sparling with Jorito.  Go for it!

Ehh... "Steamboat Willie" debuted on the silver screen.  Mickey's actually had precious few appearances that were first shown on TV.  If the game you choose is specifically based on something that came out on TV first, that would be OK.

aww ok, so Im guessing "The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse" is not allowed?

aww ok, so Im guessing "The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse" is not allowed?

Correct.  It's partially based, loosely, on some theatrical Mickey cartoons (e.g. "Mickey's Fire Brigade"), and partially created out of whole cloth based on Disney characters.  Nothing in it comes from a TV show in particular.

On the other hand, if you wanted to write the theme song to a theoretical "The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse" TV show, that would work under option B.

I'm still thinking about what song should I make (It will be from the Ducktales OST 90% sure) and how to make it. This is my first remix (but not first song or remake) and I'm in blank when it comes to ideas, but I'm willing to try to do my best. Let's see how things come out but I'm not super confident about what I'm able to do doing a remix.

Well, I haven't had this problem since PRC 282, but my DAW refuses to work with the project file—if I try to make any changes or additions, then the program force closes. The next usable backup is such a large rollback that I can't get anything finished for this round. With the deadline in less than two hours and no word from WillRock yet, I'm going to have to throw in the towel. Again.

Man, I need a new computer.

Well, I haven't had this problem since PRC 282, but my DAW refuses to work with the project file—if I try to make any changes or additions, then the program force closes. The next usable backup is such a large rollback that I can't get anything finished for this round. With the deadline in less than two hours and no word from WillRock yet, I'm going to have to throw in the towel.Man, I need a new computer.

Fortunately, it looks like all 4 other contestants got entries in (although Yoshiblade didn't specify his source).  Still a good turnout!