OCR01504 - *YES* Final Fantasy Adventure 'Chocobo!'

Liontamer

Hey guys,

I guess I got another one for ya. As I've previously mentioned, Ziwtra and I were engaged in a remix project of sorts for this game. Most unfortunately, I believe I've completely lost touch with Youngjin. I suppose he's got a lot on his plate that has probably pushed remixing to a non-priority. But anyway, I have a few of these FFA remixes that have been growing stagnant for the past year, so I thought I would go ahead and share the Kenji-Ito-love. This is a well-known tune that has earned it's keep in the FF series. Source is tracks 9 & 10 of the .gbs file, I present the Chocobo theme(s), the hatching and the riding music. This mix is fairly short and sweet. Not a whole lot of deviation as far as arrangement goes, but enough that it's not just simply an upgrade in sound quality.

I hope it makes you want to tap your feet and "snap your fingers" to the tune! ;-)

Thanks again, DJP, judges, listening community, I salute you.

-Jimmy

(Oh, and I have attached a picture for my profile, if you wish to throw one in there. I always like seeing the face of who's music I'm listening to)

Ooh.. the rhythms you have going on here are very cool! Props on that. The actual theme itself is treated well throughout the mix, though I think it wouldn't have hurt to cut down that introduction a bit. There's a lot of creativity here throughout, and the structure is solid too. Good job.

In terms of production, this is quite unique. I haven't really heard anything like it recently. Kind of a cross between Rellik and Shnabubula if I had to make a comparison to other artists. My only complaints in this area are that you have a lot of mid-high and high end stuff going on (hats + tambourines, whistles, high strings) and really very little low end, which makes it feel thin at times. I've actually noticed this in some of your other mixes as well. You might consider looking into a new monitoring system! But anyway, while this is an issue for me, I don't think it's a dealbreaker.

YES

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/ffa.zip - Tracks 9 & 10

Good expansionist ideas here alongside the personalization and interpretation in handling the melodic content. Low string-esuqe dealie starting at 1:39 felt too dry. Same with the section at 2:09, where I also felt the bassline was briefly too loud and invasive.

Nice addition of elements at 2:06 to make things more intense though and thereby provide dynamic contrast. Always stylish stuff per the usual Jimmy. Always glad to hear material from you bro!

YES

• 3 weeks later...