I made 4 VSTs. try 'em out!

like the title says, I made 4 VSTs, and now I'm sharing them: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hjaj0haa0u3uxv/anosci+-+4+VSTs+%281504RC2%29.zip

a brief description of each:

DoFi: a toy that makes vocal-esque sounds.

STriFE: ringmod-based synth, really cool at chords and leads

F2FM: FM/PM synth with a filter before the carrier 

BRSfx: simulates a bad radio signal, sort of. 

here's a quick demo of the 3 synths:

https://soundsfromsci.bandcamp.com/album/4-vsts-from-anosci

these were all made with synthmaker, so it's nothing too fancy. but they're fun (especially DoFi.)

I'd love to hear what you make with these, thoughts, etc :D

I have no idea what I'm doing with these, although that's more because I have no idea how to begin to handle sound design. Only thing I managed to do in F2FM was make a really shitty sounding ePiano. Hey, at least it's something.

As for how they feel, they're good at what they were made for. Again, I just wish I knew what I was doing so I could actually create something with your VSTs! :tomatoface:

Again, I just wish I knew what I was doing so I could actually create something with your VSTs! :tomatoface:

hah, yeah that helps!

but even if you don't know anything about sound design, I highly recommend playing with DoFi! 

it's really easy to get really nice sounds out of that synth, since it's basically a one trick pony :P

sounds like the animal crossing voices! I like it thanks for sharing

Wait, there's a VST that would let me remix K.K. Slider singing Mega Man music? <heads straight for demo page>

Well, partially.  He has 5 different phonemes, I think ("Wei," "Mi," "Oh," "Now," and "Na"), and this is more like a "wei-oo" and some hard-to-name vowels.

Still, these are pretty cool.  If the STriFE and F2FM demos are made 100% with their respective VST's (minus the percussion and true vocals, I assume, and the chords you mentioned in the description), I definitely want to try those out.

Edit: However, looking this up led me to a Youtube video where someone made K.K. Slider singing "Poker Face" and linked the soundfont he used!  Can't wait to spring that on an unsuspecting compo.

Wait, there's a VST that would let me remix K.K. Slider singing Mega Man music? <heads straight for demo page>

Well, partially.  He has 5 different phonemes, I think ("Wei," "Mi," "Oh," "Now," and "Na"), and this is more like a "wei-oo" and some hard-to-name vowels.

Still, these are pretty cool.  If the STriFE and F2FM demos are made 100% with their respective VST's (minus the percussion and true vocals, I assume, and the chords you mentioned in the description), I definitely want to try those out.

Edit: However, looking this up led me to a Youtube video where someone made K.K. Slider singing "Poker Face" and linked the soundfont he used!  Can't wait to spring that on an unsuspecting compo.

YAY! I realized I couldn't use the vst that sci originally uploaded because it's only for windows, not mac. But this is a sound font and these are the ACTUAL animal crossing sounds, so this is awesome. Oh man I am so ready to make some cheesy music.

If the STriFE and F2FM demos are made 100% with their respective VST's (minus the percussion and true vocals, I assume, and the chords you mentioned in the description),

100% their respective VSTs, plus occasional reverb, EQ, and/or soundgoodizers. 

I did use some overdrive on a few patches in the F2FM demo, too, which hopefully isn't too misleading!