Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (OMG NEW IGAVANIA!)

So I found the first kickstarter I'll ever support.

OMFGadjadsljfsaldjcmlsmadrfer is all I can say.

I, and many others have been waiting for this for so long. Michiru Yamane is also doing the music! This is as legit as it gets and without the "Konami" label attached to it, they managed to get 1.5 million, surpassing the $500,000 goal in like a day. Way to stick it to the man and I will buy the crap out of this game. What do you all think?

As excited as I am for a new IGA game (despite the anime/manga design of the characters), the stretch goals are disappointing. I'll end up supporting it if more exciting stuff comes up (and if I get enough money).

I dunno man, David Hayter as the voice of the villain, co-op...those were some sweet stretch goals imo.

I do agree about the anime designs, but perhaps the SOTN artist was unavailable or something. 

I dunno man, David Hayter as the voice of the villain, co-op...those were some sweet stretch goals imo.

I do agree about the anime designs, but perhaps the SOTN artist was unavailable or something. 

Yes, Ayami Kojima wasn't available, which is a shame.

I was hoping for something more exciting than "Boss Rush Mode" as a goal (why isn't that in the actual game????), something like other console ports (PS3 plz) or even new areas/enemies (and not jsut ONE boss). Guess I'm maybe a little too demanding LOL

Pretty excited about this. Iga seems to be having a lot of fun. I'm most excited about the fact that this is on a home console. The DS Castlevania's were quite good (and gameplay wise more refined than Symphony of the Night), but they lacked the CD quality instrumentation. They could never quite achieve the atmosphere SotN had because of it. Also, Iga is hyped about having more buttons than the DS could provide. It'll be fun to see what he does with 2 extra buttons this time around. 

I hope the Nightmare mode does what Portrait of Ruin did and let you cap your level at 1, 25, or 50. Capping your level at 25 provides a pretty good challenge. Capping at 50, meh, capping at 1 is just too annoying. I was quite sad that Order of Ecclesia only gave you the level cap options of 1 and 50.

Pretty excited about this. Iga seems to be having a lot of fun. I'm most excited about the fact that this is on a home console. The DS Castlevania's were quite good (and gameplay wise more refined than Symphony of the Night), but they lacked the CD quality instrumentation. They could never quite achieve the atmosphere SotN had because of it. Also, Iga is hyped about having more buttons than the DS could provide. It'll be fun to see what he does with 2 extra buttons this time around. 

I hope the Nightmare mode does what Portrait of Ruin did and let you cap your level at 1, 25, or 50. Capping your level at 25 provides a pretty good challenge. Capping at 50, meh, capping at 1 is just too annoying. I was quite sad that Order of Ecclesia only gave you the level cap options of 1 and 50.

Honestly, my only problem with the older Castlevanias is the leveling system. Because in SOTN, once you have Alucard powered up, the game is at your mercy. In the other games, especially Order of Ecclesia (my favorite Castlevania), the leveling basically does nothing. Like, leveling up in that game was basically pointless, especially since armor made more of a stat difference but you actually had to find the ores to build it...

Then, the douche of a blacksmith charged you for it. "Look, I know you're our only hope and have to save us from the prince of darkness. I'll build you some killer armor if you bring me some ore! Oh...did I mention I will charge you out the balls for it after I finish building it?"