OCR00581 - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike "Jungle Jazz"

orkybash

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike 'Jungle Jazz'

It's McVaffe - what do you expect? Quality, that's what! This remix starts with a well-played (or VERY well synthesized) piano solo, then adds jungle drum loops on top of it. Personally, I liked the piano better than the drum loops, as the drums sounded like every other jungle loop. But overall, another winner from McVaffe. Recommended.

• 2 months later...

Fist of all, I would like to say 15/10. This is my number one, all time favorite remix, ever. This remix has changed my life....well...not really, but I bet it could. I have no idea what draws it to me, but...just...nyah. I could, and would listen to this all the time, but then it'd get boring and I'd have to kill myself. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OH MY GOD THIS REMIX IS THE BEST REMIX EVER!!!! The jungle beats, played with brushes, put through some strange FX filter, and just normal are AWESOME! The piano, simple as it is, adds so much! Those chimes, the organ-type thing, the acoustic bass, it all just rules! My favorite remix on the site, or damn close seeing as how I don't think you can really compare EVERY song on the site. Some are just plain wierd...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That was a great song that you remixed. When ever I learn to remix a song I will remix Dudley's London Stage Song with the typical Street Fighter Dance beat but with Seventeenth Century Baroque too though along with possibly some R&B and Soul-like Wa-wa guitar perhaps maybe.

• 4 months later...

This ones burned onto my carjam set, disc 3 of 10 and 5 of 10. Those are the two discs i listen to most often. and its prolly in part due to this wonderful mix. I love the flavor. True timbral mastery. I remember thinking when i first listened, it was at the beggining and i was think "Man, this mix would be so much better with a wider stereo spectrum, and then Boom! its wide and raping my ears. ::sigh::

Mixing game music

a pastime most wonderful

fear this sonic love.

• 3 weeks later...

this is one of those mixes that i try my best NOT to play, for fear that i might play it too much and get burned out on it. however, i must admit that the temptation to stick it by itself in a playlist and loop it (literally, for hours) is quite a formidable one.

download immediately. this mix is exceptional, even for mcvaffe.

-rob

I agree, this mix is hella good, but saying it's the best McVaffe is kind of defeating the point. McVaffe's mixes are like Skittles. The more you've got going, the better the flava. Some, like DevilSLAB, Underground Riddims, Crystalline Caverns, and the like, absolutely must be heard in succession, as their quality and professionalism seem to shine through when you're not 100% ready for it. Take Crystalline Caverns. I had that one on a burned CD, and I hadn't listened to the mix for about a month. When it came on, I had no idea what song it was remixing, so the whole thing sounded like an original composition. Then the main cavern melody came in and I was immediately overjoyed. That is what the entire experience of OCR is, my friends; not expecting much, (from McVaffe? riiiiight) and getting a lot.

This. Best. Groovy. Remix. On. Site.

Yes, it's GOOD - not just "okay" or "great". It's GOOD .

The piano is perfect (LOVE the intro), the percussion is great, everything just fits and grooves so excellently as you'd expect and even more from the V man himself.

You can do so many things with this remix: make a short movie, pull it out from Gran Turismo (something in this reminds me of GT music, dunno what), burn it onto a CD that is worthy of it, download it, chill to it, dance to it, show off to your mates with it....it's hella good.

Hella.

One of my favourite mixes ever. Ever.

One Word ReView : DOWNLOADITNOWORI'LLKILLYOU.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(looks at date) 2002! Wow, it sounds too good to come from that time.

There aren't too many DnB remixes here, and I should probably look deeper. This is a very good example of the soulful, jazzy DnB style known as Liquid Funk, and now that I found it I can't stop putting it on repeat. I would seriously consider mixing this in a DJ set.

• 2 months later...

I love this ReMix! It reminds me of the very chilly and smooth tracks of Ridge Racer Type 4, one of my favorite Chill-Out games.

When the song starts, and you just hear the piano, you don't expect too much, but then at 1:03, the beats start to come. And when the melody of the Makoto stage kicks in at 1:56, the feeling is just perfect. And then the more chilly part from 2:19 on...and the faster one starting at 2:42...

Just great.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

McVaffe piano is the fastest way to tip a mix over the edge from good to the shit.

I'm not sure if I would class this as jazz, personally, but I can hear the influence through the DnB. Everything sounds stellar (especially given its age). McVaffe is an expert at sustaining material for vast amounts of time without anything getting stale around the edges, and by this stage he seemed to be right in his element.

Well chosen and placed instrumentation (crunchy distorted percussion for the win!) and consistent arranging is something that was/is pretty much guaranteed by a McVaffe mix. This is a great addition to his playlist.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00581 - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike "Jungle Jazz"