Native Instruments Battery 4

Does anyone have Battery 4 for PC?

I recently bought the full version from NI, but during installation, I don't get the option to download and install the factory sound bank that is suppose to come with it.  I've been searching all over for a legit source to get the sound bank, but I can't find one.

The strange thing is, on my order details page, I have a download link for the installer and a 3.09 GB file (I'm assuming this is suppose to be the sound bank), but when I click on it, I just end up downloading a ~440 MB iso file.  The iso file only contains a PC and Mac installer for the Battery 4 application, VST, and AAX plugin, but no sound bank.

So, it seems I just ended up paying $200 for a kompletely useless VST and I haven't heard anything back from NI support.  Also, I can't seem to find anything in the FAQ that's helpful.

I downloaded the Battery 4 demo, and it worked perfectly (samples and all) and I have a few free products from NI, so I'm sorta familiar with how they are suppose to work.  Is the installation process different from the paid version?

Has anyone had this type of problem with NI products?

From my experience, if you download an installer from the NI website, it in general is a download toolie that allows you to download the plugin + sound banks from the internet. Other than that my experience is limited to Komplete, which contains the full package (installers + sound banks) of course. Haven't bought a separate downloadable from the NI site in years.

You should have a Native Instruments program called Service Center that gets installed along with Battery and handles program updates. Run Service Center, and it should allow you to activate/download the soundbank.

I open the service center and it updated the Battery 4 application, but still no soundbank there.

Now, I think I may have found the bank.  On the NI site, I went to the downloads>updates page, and searched for Battery 4.  I see the factory library ver 1.0.1 there, so I think that's what i need.  I'm going through the installation process now.

Still, I'm kinda bummed out because I've never had an issue like this with any NI product.  Normally its very simple and all the files i need are included in the confirmation email.

Thanks for the help Moseph and Jorito!

Edit.  Looks like this is just an update file.  Damn popup said "Battery 4 Factory Library cannot be installed because Battery 4 Factory Library has not yet been installed on this computer." "Please run Battery 4 Factory Library before running this installer."

Da fuq that even means!?!?

Well, I'm back on the hunt again...

If you ran the normal installer for Battery 4, it will ask you where you want it to install the Library:

RTEmagicC_873e1a9613.png.png

That's the crazy thing.  I don't have an option to install the Library at all.  That screen doesn't show up at all during the process.  I'm starting to assume there is something wrong with the software download link NI provided me with.  Where did you get your installer from?

The screens I get in the installation wizard: "Language selection">"Licence Agreement">"Custom Setup (Basic Install, VST, AAX)">"Destination Folder for Battery 4 app">"VST Plugin Destination Folder"Completing the Native Instruments Battery 4 Setup (with the destinations folders for the app, 32-bit VST, and 64-bit VST)." Then it installs the app.

What version of Battery do you have? I have 4.1.5.

Do the installers from the .iso and the 13 MB download both do exactly the same thing?

Does the My Products, Serials & Downloads section give a different download, or is it the same?

I'm afraid so.  

The links in My Products, order details, and the email that was sent after purchase all download the same installer and 440 MB iso.   :banghead:

It's like, whatever file these links point to was not uploaded properly on their end, but I don't have much of a way to verify that since it hasn't been reported by anyone else.

Kind of a long shot here, but ...

Have you uninstalled the Battery 4 demo before trying to install the full version? There's a remote chance that the full installer isn't prompting for a library location because it sees and decides to use the demo's library. You should be able to check whether this is the case from within Battery by going to Edit > Preferences and checking the library filepath in the Library tab.

After getting off the phone with tech support, we finally figured out what happened.  The downloader server was down over the weekend and I was not able to download the soundbank along with the installer.  I guess they're on different servers???

Anyway, I'm finally able to download the whole 3.09 GB file.  :razz:

Thanks for the help everyone.