Electro-Soul Original

Hayeser

I know nobody really hangs out in this forum, but I'm new and want to share as much with OCR as possible so I can start making friends here already, dammit! ;-)  :razz:

I play for a living in NYC as a session bassist. But I sing, compose...and play other things. I'm spankin' new to the Remix world, but ain't a stranger to the music or the games.

Here's part of my first solo EP; one man banding it, self produced from my modest home studio using Studio One. Unmastered, otherwise as is. Bass-centric singer songwriting? Electro Soul? Indie Funk? I don't know. I've heard comparisons so far to anything from Peter Gabriel to Zap & Roger and Prince. I'll take that, for sure...

I'm curious to see if there's any love for this sound here @ OCR.  I promise it's at least worth 3 minutes of your day. If not, I'll give them back to you.  Don't worry about how...

Lovers In a Digital Age

SONG: https://soundcloud.com/ahayes1/save-me-from-myself

Ooh, groovy stuff! I dig it quite a lot. The slow burn suits the song well. Love the little organ stabs, and of course the bass work is fantastic, as I'd hope from a session bassist, haha. Love the vocal work. Full-sounding mix, great attention to detail. Nice work! :D

Thank you! Really appreciate that