" Pull Out Your Weapons ! " A battle theme for an RPG

Xouman

I think it might be a better if it was a little less similar to a certain famous battle theme (especially if you want to use it as an original in a game).

I know what you mean,it was vastly inspired by this one so i wanted it to be similar,perhaps too much,there is a wink to Jenova Absolute too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it sounds really awkward when there aren't any instruments playing except for the percussion. (At least in the FF4 boss theme there's an awesome bassline as well as percussion whenever there's no melody playing. And in this rendition, there's a short timpani roll.) It also really kills the energy. In the certain fighting theme this may on may not be based on, the energy was always kept up by the non melody stuff. But in yours, there doesn't seem to be much besides the melody and percussion.

Edit: You should check out a midi of the FF7 battle theme and dissect it in your DAW of choice to see exactly what makes it tick.

I think it sounds really awkward when there aren't any instruments playing except for the percussion. (At least in the FF4 boss theme there's an awesome bassline as well as percussion whenever there's no melody playing. And in this rendition, there's a short timpani roll.) It also really kills the energy. In the certain fighting theme this may on may not be based on, the energy was always kept up by the non melody stuff. But in yours, there doesn't seem to be much besides the melody and percussion.

Edit: You should check out a midi of the FF7 battle theme and dissect it in your DAW of choice to see exactly what makes it tick.

I see but i wanted to leave the percussion alone with reverb to create that kind of hallway fight that FF7 has,i thought it sounded good so i left it like that,as you said,short bass or timpani notes during that would have removed the empty feeling played as background instruments for sure.