Splatoon

Who's getting it on Friday?  It looks really fun....but I desperately wish it were for PC instead of Wii U.  I really enjoyed the test session Nintendo held a few days ago, AND it's an FPS that I can play with Owen around, so it has a lot going for it.

I will consider it if there are a lot of people here playing. 

For those who haven't seen it yet, check out Game Informer's preview video here:

Got it reserved for Friday. By the way, would it be alright to post our NNID on the 3DS Friend Code thread or make a separate thread for it? I don't think there's a thread dedicated to registering friends on the Wii U yet.

The Wii U thread isn't necessarily dedicated to registering friends, but there's a NNID list at the beginning: http://ocremix.org/community/topic/26159-nintendo-wii-u/

Edit: ...This game is addicting. I thought to myself "ok, this needs to be my last match" several times over a few hours. Hunger finally got me to stop. :<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got up to Cat Champion, which is good enough for me. Whoever "Daniel" with the Roller was, you are my hero. You carried those half-dozen matches we had together and we dominated those scoundrels.

Speaking of domination though, I sort of noticed matches would go strongly either way. There were very few close calls -- either we won by a mile or lost completely.

I got up to Cat Champion, which is good enough for me. Whoever "Daniel" with the Roller was, you are my hero. You carried those half-dozen matches we had together and we dominated those scoundrels.

Speaking of domination though, I sort of noticed matches would go strongly either way. There were very few close calls -- either we won by a mile or lost completely.

Cat King! I got 18 snails even though we lost overall. Looks like dogs won by popularity, and cats barely nabbed the upper hand with 51% wins. I actually had a much easier time during splatfest than I usually do in turf wars, which was interesting. Like you said, more one-sided victories than usual. I found myself right up against the opponents' base with my whole team on multiple occasions...though that 5% example was an extreme case. I'm still laughing about that. But yeah, there were some matches where the dogs were pushing really hard, too.

The Splatfest was pretty fun. I wanted to play more but my wife and I already had plans for the day. Only got to play nine matches and won eight of them. Felt pretty good about that. 

I chose Team Dog and got matched against another Team Dog a few times, which was weird. Not sure if that happened with the cat lovers. But it was fun. Just a fun, simple game altogether.

I saw a note about that before it started, saying that if you were on one team, but another team was just not available to fight against due to low numbers of people signed on at the time, then you would fight people in your same team, and the amount of points you'd win would be modified for that match, though I can't remember to what extent.  It didn't happen to me because the only time I had to get a few matches in was a generic mid-day Saturday time when you'd expect a ton of people on the servers.

I saw a note about that before it started, saying that if you were on one team, but another team was just not available to fight against due to low numbers of people signed on at the time, then you would fight people in your same team, and the amount of points you'd win would be modified for that match, though I can't remember to what extent.  It didn't happen to me because the only time I had to get a few matches in was a generic mid-day Saturday time when you'd expect a ton of people on the servers.

Oh okay. Never saw that note. Was it in game or online somewhere? But I guess that makes sense. Still doesn't seem like a good solution for those times when people vastly outvote something. 

The Splattershot Jr actually seems pretty solid for turf wars. Nice fire rate, nice damage and the spread helps you ink more of the map. Plus, the Bubble special really helps you deal with anything. Nice to have if you get caught in a Killer Wail. I'm preferring the Inkbrush right now though. It doesn't cover as much as the roller, but I love the faster playstyle and the Sprinker grenades.