OCR03141 - Final Fantasy VI "The Narshemellow"

Fun jazz piece right here. I really do like the old time detective feel that DJP brought up that this has, between the snapping fingers, the jazz flute, easy-going and loose playing style that this kind of jazz excels at and so on. Wonderful ReMix and a great track off the album.

By the musical gods, this is suave!! Have loved it on Balance and Ruin as an easy-listening piece with some flair for fun, PARTICULARLY the sweet flute starting at 2:15. This sounded like it was fun to play, which is a great compliment to the quality of the arrangement. Well done!

• 5 months later...

Alright hepcats, you hear that teeny tiny vocal clip around :26, that is the linchpin that made this one stick in my mind, when I first heard this. Everything about this track just drips icy cold, smooth, the low light and smokey atmosphere of the chillest jazz club in town, you pick up what I'm putting down chicky baby? I'm now 10% cooler after having listened to this track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The gradual introduction of instruments makes for a nice slow build-up here. The arrangement gets a lot out of the source as a result, and the c-part (flute solo) pays off splendidly as a release - and is followed up even better with the ascending-descending mandolin(?) chords and the near-cacophonous full-band eruption. Like with “New Horizons”, the addition of a vocal line to double-up the melody is a nice touch to the liveliness of the track.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03141 - Final Fantasy VI "The Narshemellow"