OCR03147 - Final Fantasy II "Rebel Dream"

I thought that some of the tempo changes made me land into a tempo that didn't always quite feel right; sometimes the new tempo was a bit too slow (like, 4~8 BPM), sometimes a bit too fast (again, like 4~8 BPM). But other than that minor thing, which is hard enough to think of and accomplish without a proper sense of tempo and rhythm, this arrangement is totally bonkers. Only you could think of this.

This mix is the best acid trip you've ever taken.

First and foremost, I love Find Your Way, and to see it used as a backbone of FF2 themes is shocking and tremendously impressive, especially in that it is supporting both quiet and rocking sections with equal aplomb. The transition at 2:55 is stellar - I can barely believe how the mix shifts - and the pace gets dialed down harder and ramped up faster as the piece goes along. It's like being on a ride in which two people are fighting over the power controls.... and yet it works, and works in ways that are truly wondrous. The sailing ending truly left me amazed at the range of the piece.

FULL COMMENDATIONS to the artist and this piece - an instant download and joy!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. The tempo changes and switch-ups reminded me of the Zero track you did a while back, but with this, you managed to incorporate many sources while changing the speed of the mix and still keep things rocking, which is cool. I liked how you were able to work Find Your Way in, as it seemed to fit well in the whole of the mix. Good job, fella.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Interesting intro with the synths and more electro stuff. It quickly goes to full metal later on -- I expected no less from BONKERS! The guitar work is impressive, and the blend of metal with electro elements (and even chiptune) is nicely done. Very nice break after the 3 minute mark. The solos are really impressive -- it sounds a bit like the Golden Sun soundtrack at some points. Nice remix from Nick -- keep 'em coming! :) \m/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03147 - Final Fantasy II "Rebel Dream"