OCR03148 - Final Fantasy II "The Last March"

This starts off as a decent cover of the Imperial Army Theme until about 1:40, where everything gets thrown several steps up the awesome ladder. By the time we're at 2:20-245 plus, get ready to grab your stones and torches. There is an uprising, with a sword raised to the sky and a defiant shout at the relentlessly approaching imperial army. Man, this mix really gets better as it goes along. Interesting ending too!

Do yourself a favor and keep listening past the first minute. Great stuff awaits.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is raw power, and fitting for the Imperial Army. Things do ramp up almost half-way through the second minute, making it better than it started out with, and the constant tense feeling kept things menacing and threatening, so between that and the metallistic energy, this is a wonderful soundscape for an army marching on. One of the best tracks on the album in my opinion. Nicely done, man.

• 5 months later...

Nice guitar work here -- it sounds quite raw, but I guess it nicely fits the source/theme. The piano and other instruments are nice (but maybe quiet) additions. The track has a "sickening" feeling to it, I guess it comes from the minor chords or something like that -- it's not negative, I think it fits the track too. The production is excellent, and the ending was interesting. A nice metal remix -- not my fav though.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03148 - Final Fantasy II "The Last March"