OCR03150 - Final Fantasy I, II & III "Heroes of Dawn"

This is like being out at a fine restaurant with an excellent bottle of wine on a cool evening with a comfortable romance across from you - elegant and calm, beautiful and easy. Special props to the thoughtful, almost sit-back-and-look-at-the-sky contemplative take on the Rebel Army theme. Gorgeous, and a welcome counterpoint to what I've heard on the rest of the album. This kind of simplicity lets me appreciate the hard rocking all the more.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, dude, this is beautiful. A solo-piano piece spanning the first three Final Fantasies with pretty sweet transitions, impeccable playing and the kind of key and tone changes that you would hope for in piano pieces to keep it lively, this is absolutely lovely. I do hope to hear more from PacificPoem around this parts in between his youtube videos. Well done, fantastic OCR debut.

• 5 months later...

A nice piano piece here. I'm not very familiar with the soundtracks from early FF games (especially II and III) but since I heard nothing shocking, I guess the transitions between different sources worked pretty well. Loved the ending with the "Dead Theme" from FF1. :) The playing is excellent, and the tempo changes bring some nice variations. Quite emotional and keeps this feeling throughout.

• 3 weeks later...

Man I’m a sucker for these piano medleys. I’m amazed that I’m finding such good ones at the bottom of the reviews thread. This one is definitely no exception. It sounds like music that you could actually hear in a Final Fantasy game today. Yeah I know it’s an arrangement of Final Fantasy music, but I mean this specific track that I’m reviewing right now could pass as an official Final Fantasy track.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03150 - Final Fantasy I, II & III "Heroes of Dawn"