Building a game development team - looking for a writer and artist

DarkDjinn

Hello everyone,

I am putting together a small game development team. I have no experience with game development myself - I work only with music. However, I'm very interested in bringing together a few people that can work very closely in order to create a great game.

First, I would like to say that I welcome any advice in this process. Next, I am specifically looking for a writer and an artist at this point, in order to talk about some ideas and get something that people can look at, and hopefully garner some interest in filling the other roles.

I would like for this to be a profitable venture for everyone if possible.

I would prefer that you live in the MD/DC area so that we could work in person, but if you're really interested in this (admittedly vague) opportunity, please let me know.

You can check out my musical works at http://www.bradcharlesmusic.com/music

Thanks, and I hope we can work together!

I have quite a bit of experience writing. I've had works published, I've done 80+ game reviews, I've been hired to write for games already and it's what I do for a living at the company I work for. It's pretty much my one and only professional talent. :P

But yeah, I do writing, as you can see. Somewhat paid work there or otherwise?

I want this to be a moneymaking venture, for sure. If the team I put together and I can generate enough interest and something substantial to show off, I think that Kickstarter or something similar might be the route to go in order to be able to develop the game properly and ensure everyone gets paid.

I'm really hoping to find an artist soon so I can bring some of my ideas to life. Hopefully then I can get other people interested in the project. If any artists are even "kind of" interested and reading this, message me, and I can go over what I'm looking for. Thanks!