OCR03155 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Marble Clouds in Azure Skies"

Liontamer

I don't know that I've heard a jam like this on OCR before... not that I've listened to them all of course.  But this arrangement is very fresh to me.  It sticks to that Sonic-speed/punch/momentum combination that the OSTs all possess but with a nicely polished interpretation and production.  Great listen.  Looping this one.

Edit: Gran Turismo!  That's what was coming to mind with this.  Those crescendo-ing synth/guitar stabs are just great.

Yeah... I clearly remember this track from SZRC'14. And I remember that I voted for Ivan's track in this match-up, haha :D Anyway, I really enjoy your work here, Jordan! It's damn funky and bouncy :) Of course, I have to mention the highlights: the first is the fast-paced EP solo @ 1:19 as well as the following soaring guitar solo! And the second is the drop-off @ 2:13. Awesome work! 

Boy, I'm not even a fan of the source (one of my least favorite Sonic tunes) and yet I felt compelled to comment how quality this mix is! Interesting, upbeat, and absolutely not at all repetitive yet isn't just some randomly thrown together half-sourced instrumental mix, this thing has a beat and a purpose. Must give you props for the quality and the vision!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This remix is very energetic and does rather remind me of gran turismo and a couple other racing games.  The way the 2 songs are mixed together practically makes its own stage/act track yet retains elements of each of the used stage/act themes at the same time.  I can't help but listen to this remix more than once.  I'm also looking forward to trying this remix out on audiosurf as its energy and variety should make for a nice ride.  Great work!

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03155 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Marble Clouds in Azure Skies"