Metroid: Orchestral Fusion

Hi! I'm the lead reorchestrator of Metroid Reorchestrated (MREO) and I'm recruiting for a reboot/revival of MREO. This reboot will be called Metroid: Orchestral Fusion (MOF) and will be a fusion of orchestral and electronic elements. We're moving beyond just orchestral because a lot of Metroid music incorporates electronic elements that are incredibly difficult or impossible to replicate with orchestral instruments. The overall goal of this project is to arrange/remix every Metroid song from every game.

If I can find enough talented, passionate individuals (6-7 people besides myself) we will start with Metroid Fusion. The goal of the album would be to arrange/remix every song as if Fusion had released in 2015 on the 3DS. So essentially a high-definition audio upgrade with some original music/embellishments. 

Tracklist:

Please let me know via PM or reply which track(s) you want to do. 

• Title - DarkDjinn
  • Sector 1
  • Environmental Sound (Silence 1)
  • Environmental Sound (Tension)
  • Environmental Sound (Shock)
  • Facing a Huge Reaction - Light_of_Aether
  • Tension Before a Confrontation
  • Vs. Arachnus - DarkDjinn
  • X Invasion Detection
  • Navigation Room
  • Vs Fake Chozo Statue
  • Environmental Sound (Disquieting)
  • Sector 2 - Chernabogue
  • Vs. Cyclops
  • Environmental Sound (Silence 2)
  • Sector 4 Aquatic Level Control Zone
  • Vs. Serris - DJ Galvanization
  • Sector 3
  • Vs. B.O.X.
  • Sector 6
  • SA-X Appears
  • Sector 5 Low Temp Area
  • Sector 3 Emergency Situation
  • Sector 3 Restart the Cooling Unit Timer Mission
  • Environmental Sound (Intrigue)
  • Vs. Mother Plant
  • Vs. Nightmare - Chernabogue
  • Sector 4 Underwater Area
  • Vs. Ridley - DJ Galvanization
  • The Final Command - Coaltergeist
  • Vs. SA-X
  • Station Escape Timer Mission
  • Epilogue (Part 1 and 2)
  • Ending/Credits
  • Appearance Jingle
  • Get Item Jingle
  • SA-X Chase

Timeline:

Get team together and begin working by mid-August - Still taking team members!

Have 4-5 tracks ready as a teaser for release on December 25, 2016

Release full album on November 17, 2017 for Metroid Fusion's 15th anniversary

This project will be entirely volunteer-based. I'm looking for talented, passionate individuals who periodically spend some of their free time on making music. The capacity of your involvement would be arranging music, critiquing music, and making new electronic elements. Don't worry about deadlines. I'm working on my Ph.D. in mechanical engineering and my research/coursework comes before any of my hobbies. It would be quite unreasonable of me to expect anyone else to meet hard, specific deadlines when I wouldn't meet them, either. 

If you would like to join, please either comment in this thread or send me a PM. If you have comments, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to comment or PM me.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to join, as I love Metroid Fusion and as I do orchestra stuff, but your project's timeline is too short for me.

The timeline is definitely not set in stone; I should have said "Tentative Timeline". A more realistic timeline would likely be a new song every other month or every three months. 

Once my new work schedule is up, I'll give it a try. Any tracklist or list of claims in the words?

I'll have a tracklist up soon.

I'd be up for taking part, slightly concerned my orchestral samples might not be good enough to compare with other peoples. Will this kind of standard be good enough? https://soundcloud.com/philip-aldous-composer/tarantella-forsennato

From what I've heard on your SoundCloud, your samples are good enough and you know how to use them. In general, you could have the best samples in the world, but if you don't know how to use them, your songs probably won't turn out well. The opposite is also true: if you have low quality samples, but know how to use them extremely well, your songs will likely turn out well. Like this gem I found on the Zelda Reorchestrated forums years ago, http://pisanifamily.info/will/music/Zelda%20Medley.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I could start with "Vs. Nightmare", or maybe "Sector 2", and see how it goes. I need to listen to the soundtrack again.

I would like to be put down for both the Title theme and the Vs. Arachnus. 

I put you both down for your requested songs.

I'd like to have progress updates at least once every two weeks (starting mid to late August) in which you send me your pieces for critiquing (feel free to use the WiP board or each other as well). Since this is a volunteer-based project, please don't feel like you MUST have made progress between updates. That is, if you have other things going on in your life that keep you from working on your music, that's fine.