Shreddage Drums: The ultimate rock/metal drum tool, now available for Kontakt Player!

Impact Soundworks, developer of the highly acclaimed SHREDDAGE II virtual guitar, is very proud to announce the release of SHREDDAGE DRUMS

This badass, thundering collection of acoustic drum sounds (raw + produced) was designed from the ground up for rock & metal music. The library was created in collaboration with award-winning composer/producer FRANK KLEPACKI (Dune, Command & Conquer series, Star Wars: Empire At War, Rise of Immortals, Grey Goo, etc) who recorded, performed, & engineered the drum kits.

CONTENT

Shreddage Drums is built around three unique drum kits spanning three kicks, five snares (maple & steel), twelve toms (8" to 18"), and a variety of cymbals (crashes, chinas, splash, hihat, ride). All drums were recorded in great detail, with FULL bleed control, key articulations, and lots of dynamics & round robin variations.

The library also includes two PRODUCED versions of all kicks and snare samples, using the finest equipment to sculpt and polish these individual drums to perfection. We've created dozens of kit presets to inspire you, from big and roomy to dry and tight, punchy, high-tuned, low-tuned, and everything in between.

GROOVES

We've partnered with Groove Monkee to include a substantial collection of kickass hard rock, metal, and power rock MIDI grooves - all recorded live with real drummers. With over 700 grooves, fills, and variations to choose from, you'll have plenty of inspiration to kickstart your tracks.

FEATURES & INTERFACE

The engine of Shreddage Drums is far and away the most deep and powerful we've ever created. ALL drum sounds are available in one convenient patch with comprehensive mixing and mapping controls.

Shreddage_Drums_UI1.jpg

The MIXER offers total mix control with separate buses for kick, snare, toms, hihat, overhead, and room mics, plus a MASTER bus. Each bus has its own FX rack and the direct mics have their own OH/Room sends for precision mixing. Full Bleed control is also available, so you can easily mix a little bit of snare bleed into your toms, kick into your hihat, or any combination you want. Plus, you can send different buses to different Kontakt outputs for further mixing in your host.

The DRUM EDITOR gives you precision control over envelopes, volume, tuning, and mic mix for *individual* drums. For example, you can adjust the volume of JUST your 20" kick and give it more sub mix, while leaving your 24" kick alone. Or, mix in more TOP mic to your piccolo snare and a tighter decay, while letting your deep 14x8" maple ring out longer.

The MAPPING EDITOR provides unparalleled control over the instrument mapping. Load ANY drum or ANY articulation wherever you want on the mapping keyboard. Want a whole octave of kicks? No problem! Alternating Snare L and Snare Right an octave apart? Sure, why not! Once you're done setting up the perfect map for your keyboard (or drum set), you can also adjust volume and tuning on a note-by-note basis.

Other settings and features include:

* Fully-editable velocity curve with a dozen presets

* Humanize velocity/timing controls

* Easy transposition

* Visual drum kit with on-click triggers

* MIDI learn to assign new drums/articulations

* A suite of master mix & mapping presets

* Alternate GRID mode mapping to view all mapped drums simultaneously

* Auto and one-click purge to keep unused samples out of memory

AUDIO & VIDEO DEMOS

DEMOS on Soundcloud:

FULL library walkthrough and overview:

Interview with library producer, engineer & performer FRANK KLEPACKI who brought his experience of 20+ years as a composer to the table!

PRICING & AVAILABILITY

Shreddage Drums is now available for KONTAKT PLAYER at the introductory price of $119, or only $99 for Shreddage 2 owners (MSRP: $139)

• 3 weeks later...

Did I actually buy Shreddage Drums? You bet your biscuits I did.

I find Shreddage Drums SO MUCH EASIER to use than Groove Bias, and it helps that these drums are already optimized for rock and other "heavier" applications.  In fact, I used it recently in conjunction with Shreddage 2X and Shreddage Classic for a piece for a composition event (hosted by rpgmaker.net).  Honestly, I feel that Shreddage Drums will be my go-to drum library for the foreseeable future.

Did I actually buy Shreddage Drums? You bet your biscuits I did.

I find Shreddage Drums SO MUCH EASIER to use than Groove Bias, and it helps that these drums are already optimized for rock and other "heavier" applications.  In fact, I used it recently in conjunction with Shreddage 2X and Shreddage Classic for a piece for a composition event (hosted by rpgmaker.net).  Honestly, I feel that Shreddage Drums will be my go-to drum library for the foreseeable future.

Comparing Shreddage Drums to Groove Bias is like comparing EWQLSO to Squidfont  :P

Comparing Shreddage Drums to Groove Bias is like comparing EWQLSO to Squidfont  :P

...well, you're not wrong. :tomatoface:

If you want semantics, I made the comparison because GB was my only previous drum library experience; it's the only comparison I could realistically make, as ridiculous as it is.

...well, you're not wrong. :tomatoface:

If you want semantics, I made the comparison because GB was my only previous drum library experience; it's the only comparison I could realistically make, as ridiculous as it is.

I was saying that more because of the amount of scripting zircon put into it. It exceeded 10,000 lines of code. SD can do *quite* a lot if you dig into it.

I will say this: I've noticed that when I switch in-patch presets, the new preset won't play any samples that changed from the old preset (e.g. the kick changed from the 'regular' 24in kick to a FK 24in kick) until I go into mapping and reselect the given drum for any mapped key (I usually re-select the kick drum). Once I've "remapped" a single drum, all the changed drums/cymbals will trigger correctly.

If I wasn't on vacation, I could record a video of the problem. Alas, I cannot at this time.

EDIT: That is... a lot of code. Damn.

Edited by Anorax