OCR03161 - Final Fantasy II "A Kingdom Fallen"

Liontamer

You get about 9 seconds to get situated before this mix takes over and kicks your ass.

Where to start? The astonishing solo at 1:19? The section at 1:52 with the crazy-full harmony? The I-don't-know-what-to-call-it static/snow/breakups at 2:28+ that are matched up with a lone melody in some crazy mixture of beauty and hardcore? How about the crazy 5:00-5:35 section where there's just too much awesome to let anyone calm down? Even the ending seems beautifully fitting!

The fullness of this arrangement demands closing your eyes and appreciating the attention to detail and the beautiful way different instruments wax and wane throughout the arrangement, turning this mix into nothing short of a freaking rockhouse. I love it.

Major props to the remixer. So impressed!!

• 4 weeks later...

Now then, this is a treat. Sixto not only rocking as only he can, but throwing in some new tricks and styles as well. I love the chip bit crunches at about 2:30 on and having the guitar trying to break through was intense. I love how this keeps growing and growing even though the foreground is already filled and it never sounds too busy. That's some great creative planning. So many masterful solo sections and terrific guitar playing. No wonder on why Sixto has always been one of my favorite ReMixers. Congrats to everyone on this fantastic album and all the incredible tracks on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice rock/metal remix by Sixto. The snare has a very "real" feel to it. The production is excellent and the performance is really, really good. The solos are perfectly fitting. The chiptune parts are a very neat addition, I love them. The smaller stereo-panned synths are sometimes distracting but other than that this is a great remix. The blend of metal and other elements works really well. \m/ :D \m/

• 1 month later...

It's weird that this remix has so few comments...

I love the melancholic feeling of the mix. Leads are very nicely played, with the bends and vibrattos adding a lot of feeling to the music. I also really like the panning, with the clean guitars and synths on different sides.

The mix is very true to the source, but with one small twist that makes the song so much more impactful, which is the rhytm change for the backing instruments. It's a subtle change but it adds a lot.

Awesome remix!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03161 - Final Fantasy II "A Kingdom Fallen"