OCR03167 - Final Fantasy XII, VI, IX, V & VII "Final Fantasy Forest Medley"

Liontamer

WOW. This is a debut piece?!? This sounds like the remixer has been living in this kind of arrangement forever! What a beautiful piece. There are plenty of nice sections and touches - the harmonies at 1:20, the dancing touches of bells over the gorgeous flute work around 2:15,  - but the real joy of this piece is how seamlessly the pieces meld together. The best way to experience this piece is just to immerse yourself in it, instead of trying to constantly follow the melody; the piece will continually reward you with the way it floats in and out and around you. Wonderful and flowing, this is truly a slow, beautiful walk through a lost, sun-dappled forest with a sense of wonder and a hint of magic on the breeze.  

As a side note, the Ice Forest from Secret of Mana was always a favorite forest theme of mine. :)

Very transportive. I was skeptical of a medley, but this piece wove the different sources together well. I agree with the judges that some of the percussion elements were overused (particularly the chimes), but overall a solid piece. Looking forward to the next one!

I have a lot of other medleys, in case anyone is interested.  Here is a list of them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhsnNwoLVWWNj7e7PqxLh8zCjsHw19F3i

I just completed a Chrono Trigger one.  :)

I actually agree that the chimes are overused- but this is an old piece.  I've done over 100 remixes since then, and have learned a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Rebecca, this is gorgeous and truly impressive work! For being a medley of many different themes, you've got them hooked together cohesively and it never stumbles between sources. That's awesome. Picturing all the different forests as the mix goes on is wonderful and calming, and if the only nitpick is the chime use, then there's really nothing to nitpick on this one. Amazing OCR debut piece, Rebecca. This is a hot ReMix.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03167 - Final Fantasy XII, VI, IX, V & VII "Final Fantasy Forest Medley"