OCR03168 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "The Guru"

Liontamer

I haven't posted on these forums in ages, but this is exactly the kind of ReMix that should get me to come out of lurk mode.

Masterfully arranged, skillfully and beautifully performed, the recording and mastering are exactly in line with what you would expect to hear from the style being represented... seriously, if this is the shape of things to come from The OC Jazz Collective, I am anxiously awaiting their next release. Hopefully this succeeds in exposing the community to more jazz, and generates more interest in the genre! Instrumental jazz is my soul music; it's what I listen to when I need to relax, clear my head, or get work done. To hear it so accurately portrayed while also paying tribute to my other true love, video game music...

...well, to put it simply, it brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart. Fantastic work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of jazz, so this song is absolutely amazing imo. The production quality is top notch even if the instruments weren't played together, and the melody is very creatively written and modified from the source. I especially love the part from 1:15 to 1:31 - it really has a chill, jazzy feel to it, sorta like the rest of the song lol

Can't wait for more stuff from the OC Jazz Collective; this was a really, really awesome first mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03168 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "The Guru"