Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

Nice to see such a turnout. Signup will continue throughout next week, and the draft will take place Friday evening, so please continue to spread the word and get people to sign up.

I'll try to consolidate all selections into a spreadsheet tonight. If people want to work out Maverick-selection conflicts on their own before I lock everything down next week, they're certainly free to do so.

I want to wait for Ramadan to end before we get started with the mixing stages.

As far as mixing stages go, would people prefer to have a weekend at the end of the stage, or at the start? I'm thinking of doing Sunday night to Sunday night. That way you get the week to plan and start, and the weekend at the end of the stage to pull everything together.

As far as mixing stages go, would people prefer to have a weekend at the end of the stage, or at the start? I'm thinking of doing Sunday night to Sunday night. That way you get the week to plan and start, and the weekend at the end of the stage to pull everything together.

I prefer this Sunday night to Sunday night. I like having the week to plan and then the weekend to work.

Looks like you forgot to include your song selections in your post.

I don't think I will be joining this one, sadly. I've got an album to release soon, and most of all, I doubt I can convince Jive to join me in our usual shenanigans this time.  Pretty awesome roster though, I was afraid as interest was a bit slow at the start but seems like there will be plenty of music for this one.

This should be fun. Guess I'll make time :)

1) Toxic Seahorse (X3)
2) Blast Hornet (X3)

3) Vanishing Gungaroo (X7)

4) Shining Hotarunicus / Izzy Glow (X5)

5) Crystal Snail (X2)

6) Magna Centipede (X2)

7) Gravity Beetle (X3)

8-) Launch Octopus (X1)

PS: I'm teamless :/ Any takers?

Edit: I'm done comparing / rearranging my choices.
Edit 2: Ok no one has my top pick now. :)

Yo dis my picks:

1) Spiral Pegacion (The Skiver) (X5)

2) Volt Kraken (Squid Addler) (X5)

3) Wire Sponge (X2)

4) Crystal Snail (X2)

5) Crescent Grizzly (X5)

Was gonna pick Shining Hotarunicus but my teammate hath picked it so hey, that's cool with me.  Hopefully the time I have available it enough to make some rockin' beats.  Excited to hear everyone else's tracks, as always!

Hey Shariq, can you clarify what you would consider a "session musician" or a "performer"? Would that only include someone I ask to contribute a live musical part (e.g., guitar solo, trumpet solo, vocal performance, etc.) that I had written? Or could that encompass digital instruments or sequenced solos as well? I just want to make sure I completely abide by the rules in case I were to include someone from outside the compo. Thanks!

Session musicians and performers are instrumentalists and vocalists you're bringing in to play parts that you have written.

Bringing in someone to sequence a solo falls outside of that, because that's essentially the composition of an original part; it's sequenced and not the result of an improvisational performance.

The spirit of the competition is such that you and your team handle everything you possibly can on your own, without outside help. A concession was made during the last WCRG to artists who wanted to use live performers they knew in place of using a sampled and sequenced version.

I only want artists to go outside of their team if very specific, very focused things. If you have a flute part and you know a flute player that can play it, that's fine. But bringing in an artist to help sequence your drum track falls outside of the session musician role.

The allowance for session musicians is not a free pass to bring in non-participating artists from the community as collaborators. Session musicians are, in the context of this competition, not collaborators. They are analogous to a sample patch.

I should also make it clear that you definitely should not be bringing anyone in to help with the production aspects of your track. That's way out of bounds.