Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

Well, I think I will be finishing my project before the compo starts, so I will be joining.   Like I said ,Joel won't be joining me in our usual shenanigans, and most people I would ask to team up with are already in teams, so I'll extend an invitation to anyone not in a team.  Let's be the maverick underdogs.  If you use reason or bitwig, it will make it easier in the case a collab is needed.  Just reply if you're interested :).

My picks:

1-Izzy Glow

2-Rainy Turtloid

3-Boomer Kuwanger

4-Gravity Beetle

5-Volt Catfish

If anyone's curious I made a list of the ones that had been chosen. There's also a touched up version of the team list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-kFMndrEgAIbjU2480b45p75uHjCV4wjeWrYeZ_5at0/edit#gid=0

I appreciate the work, but I already compiled and posted a list yesterday, which is linked in my previous post and also in the first post. Also your spreadsheet's sharing settings are restricted, so people can't view it anyway, and also when sharing a sheet from Google Docs its better to Publish and post a link to the published version, rather than just posting a link to the doc.

Need one more person to post picks.

If anyone's curious I made a list of the ones that had been chosen. There's also a touched up version of the team list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-kFMndrEgAIbjU2480b45p75uHjCV4wjeWrYeZ_5at0/pubhtml

I appreciate the work, but I already compiled and posted a list yesterday, which is linked in my previous post and also in the first post. Also your spreadsheet's sharing settings are restricted, so people can't view it anyway, and also when sharing a sheet from Google Docs its better to Publish and post a link to the published version, rather than just posting a link to the doc.

Need one more person to post picks.

Ok, did a published version now. Yeah I know you did one that's why I said I did a touched up version. I fixed a few errors, added the game numbers to all of them, & made all the X5 ones the Japanese names.

I guess the way I said that might have been misleading. What I meant was it's a list of how many people have chosen each Maverick & which pick number it is. I have all the Mavericks in it so you can also see which ones haven't been chosen yet. It's mostly just X7 & X8, but X & X4 are the only ones to have all eight Mavericks chosen.

Hey Darkesword... What happens if ALL of your picks are somebody's #1?  Do you do a second runoff? Or do you use a different method to determine who gets what?

It can never hurt to extend your list up to 10 entries. The worst that can happen is it will be ignored. At least this way you won't be disappointing about getting a random song.

Here's how the draft works, copied from previous competitions:

Here's a quick overview of how the draft works. When the draft starts, everyone's first choice is their top choice. I go down the list and look for top choices that have conflicts. When top choices conflict, I roll a die to see who gets their top choice (dice are useful when more than two people have the same choice).

Once all of the top choice conflicts are resolved, the people who lost their die rolls get their first choices greyed out, and their second choice becomes their new top choice. I make a second pass through the list, finding conflicts. Note that at this point, it's possible that a choice that didn't have conflicts in the first pass could have conflicts in the second pass, and a choice that won a conflict in the first pass could also have a new conflict in the second pass. Conflicts are again resolved with dice rolls. Losing choices are greyed out, and the process repeats until there are no more conflicts.

Sometimes people will get bumped down to their third or fourth choice; sometimes two people who both picked the same song as their first choice will both lose out to someone who picked it as their third choice; it all depends on the dice, but the draft does ensure that entrants are given a fair shake at getting a choice that's high on their preference list.

___

If it turns out that your 5th choice gets bumped, I'll contact you and figure something out.

In addition, my sheet's been updated with StarDragon's fixes.

We need one more person to round out the final team, but since we're starting next Sunday, signups will remain open.