Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

The draft is complete! Check your maverick theme on the Final Selections sheet!

For anyone that's curious, we did actually get down the 5th selection for both pu_freak and DusK, who both chose Storm Eagle. In order to resolve this, I did a runoff for those two using a die, and then for the loser, I started going back UP his list (i.e. up to the 4th selection), giving that priority in any conflict (i.e. automatic win), and then continued to resolve any additional conflicts. Fortunately we didn't have to travel too far back up the selections.

BLIZZARD WOLFANG IT IS ON. Man, I secretly wanted that one almost more than my #1 after posting it because I started getting all these zany mix ideas for it.

Also, some of my favorite tunes were given to pretty amazing remixers. This is going to be insane! Can't wait to see what SuperiorX does with Volt Kraken.

As the first round approaches, I want to remind everyone to read the Competitions Code of Conduct (CCC). Remember, everyone—competitor and voter alike—is expected to adhere to to the CCC. The competitions I run are, above all else, about learning and self-improvement. I appreciate competitiveness and using that to fuel your own drive to produce great music, but let's be mindful that there are people of all skill levels competing, and many varied tastes within the voting community. The last things I want for the SFRG are drama and bad feelings.

Good luck and have fun, everyone.

Quick note about how scoring will work in the SFRG. As with past WCRGs, scoring will be based on your team earning points by placing in rounds. We have 13 teams competing this year, so this is how the spread goes, based on your team's place:

1. 10 points
  2. 8 points
  3. 7 points
  4. 5 points
  5. 4 points
  6. 3 points
  7. 2 points
  8. 1 point
  9. 1 point
  10. 1 point
  11. 1 point
  12. 1 point
  13. 1 point

Any team that doesn't submit a remix will get zero points for the round, so ALWAYS submit a remix, even if it's only 20 seconds long.

The scoring method I'm using here is essentially what we've used in the past for the WCRG and it's worked well; it prevents snowballing and keeps things competitive. Changes to the system aren't up for discussion.

Quick note about how scoring will work in the SFRG. As with past WCRGs, scoring will be based on your team earning points by placing in rounds. We have 13 teams competing this year, so this is how the spread goes, based on your team's place:

1. 10 points
  2. 8 points
  3. 7 points
  4. 5 points
  5. 4 points
  6. 3 points
  7. 2 points
  8. 1 point
  9. 1 point
  10. 1 point
  11. 1 point
  12. 1 point
  13. 1 point

Any team that doesn't submit a remix will get zero points for the round, so ALWAYS submit a remix, even if it's only 20 seconds long.

The scoring method I'm using here is essentially what we've used in the past for the WCRG and it's worked well; it prevents snowballing and keeps things competitive. Changes to the system aren't up for discussion.

Wait. So no one can get exactly 6 points, or is it a typo? o.o

Darke,

I made a sigmature template for everyone unless you already have something else in mind.I didn't steal anything from deviant art or anything either. Please let me know and if approved I can make more for everyone or they can use the template and make their own. The dropbox link is below.

Paint.Net Sigmature File
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110617565/Music/SFRG%202015/Signature/Sig.pdn

Sincerely,
Darren