Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

Yes, to clarify the situation with Zero Tolerance, Mak contacted me prior to the start of the competition indicating that he suddenly had to be out of town until the end of August and would be unable to mix during the first block. I'm allowing the team members to shift things around so that their weeks are covered. Each team member is still on the hook for 3 remixes during the 9-week tournament, so Mak is going to have a couple of consecutive remixing weeks when he gets back.

Hey Garpocalypse, did you intend your track to be Celtic and/or Irish? And I think you should continue polishing it for OCR submission. I don't hear many OC ReMixes in that style.

Yea it's an Irish inspired track.  I picked up East West's RA a little while ago mostly because I have a recent obsession with UIlleann Pipes. I mean, bag pipes are (cliche) really cool on their own and everything but they can't glissando like uilleann pipes can! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3m_R3Lnu4

It also has a hurdy gurdy so it was a win to pick that library up.  

I'll probably get it subbed sometime after the compo. 

Btw, screw you tuberz. You know what you did.

Did I... did I just get rick rolled by Tuberz?

B) 

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

<3 <3 <3 

To be fair, we ARE MaveRICK ASTLEY.

EDIT: Also, the new forums have a warning point system and I feel like this is the perfect occasion to implement it.

It appears that the theme for this new group of tracks is Chiptune & Rock :P

Here's some reviews for the round 1 entires:

Yami: cool groove, nice instrument choices, and the production's pretty clean :)

Eino Keskitalo: Love this! Wish I could discern the lyrics a bit better, but the production overall is pretty clean and the sequencing & arrangement rocks (pun intended)!

Esperado: Although you have some cool sounds going on here, the mix needs to be better balanced, and your leads & pads need some EQ & compression to help accomplish that. The track also feels a bit empty and could use some more excitement/movement going on.

Jason Covenant: wut :P this is pretty cool, but I feel like the mix (especially the vocals) has some piercing highs going on that need to be controlled. Otherwise a great arrangement.

SuperiorX: Smooth as hell, like always :)

Yoshiblade: Cool grooviness and neat synth work, as I would expect from you. Only complaint is that the kick could be more present, probably could use some compression and more "click" and maybe some "whack" in the eq (see this page for help: http://www.benvesco.com/blog/mixing/2007/mix-recipes-kick-drum-eq-and-compression/).Also when you do the eq sweeps near the end the track volume needs to be more consistent. (The master on this sounds pretty decent, who'd you learn that from? ;) )

Sir_NutS: daaaaang, this is tight. Glitch hop FTW (although I thought you were exclusive to spacey dream trance? :P ) No complaints here.

Trism: I'm impressed with your growth with your production, man. Groove is pretty cool here and I like your drum groove & and synth work. Sounds like some elements could use some more compression, though.

Ivan Hakstok: Great rock track, as usual. Things sound a bit muddy and uncompressed to me though.

pu_freak: Some really cool stuff going on here but needs better production.

I don't mind discussing my thoughts or giving further explanation to my reviews, so feel free to ask!

Yea it's an Irish inspired track.  I picked up East West's RA a little while ago mostly because I have a recent obsession with UIlleann Pipes. I mean, bag pipes are (cliche) really cool on their own and everything but they can't glissando like uilleann pipes can! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3m_R3Lnu4

It also has a hurdy gurdy so it was a win to pick that library up.  

I'll probably get it subbed sometime after the compo. 

If you're into UIlleann Pipes you should listen to Nightwish's most recent album 'Endless Forms Most Beautiful'. It's got pipes coming out of it's (metaphorical) ears!

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Please REDOWNLOAD the ZIP file for Round 2 and REVOTE in the new voting thread. DusK's track was inadvertently left out of the release, despite him sending me his track well before the deadline.

The old thread is closed due to a remix being missing from the remix package. Votes in that thread will not be counted. If you voted in the old thread, please re-download the updated package of remixes and vote in the new thread.

My apologies to DusK and the rest of the Vintage Reploid Squad for this mix-up.

Poor Dusk. Is this going to bring back the voting by a day or you are going straight ahead?

Also, another question... (sorry if its been answered, I couldn't find it)

Regarding the voting, if you vote and state your team but your team didn’t contribute a remix that round, do you get the 1st place bonus for your team?