Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

Tropical Relaxation Method - timeaus222 [sic]:
Zero Tolerance you say? Oh, instant 10/10! Fine, I'll give a proper review: Ok... interesting intro... Could be very awesome if it pays off ;) HAHAHAhaha, this is straight up DKC style! :P Awesome stuff tim! Didn't expect this from you to be honest; but it's executed nicely! Really, I can't stop thinking about DKC :P The Doppler theme is very buried however, it's there but it seems more like an a very original adaptation of Cyber Peacock with some bits and pieces of Doppler if you're paying attention.

Very awesome vibe, very creative writing, but I'm missing the Doppler theme (and thus the bledning of themes) too much

8/10

Yeah, Doppler is subtly the first half of most of the melodic lines, but it is used throughout, much more than Cyber Peacock! :razz:

http://ocremix.org/community/topic/41336-mega-man-x-the-sigma-fortress-remix-gauntlet-2015/page-17#entry791676

Just submitted my track for Maverick Astley. Since I actually took notes on source usage this time, I thought I'd share to make your lives easier during voting:

0:00 - 0:45 - arp from X-hunter intro (0:00-0:03)

0:18 - 0:45 - lead from X-hunter (0:04-0:18, halftime)
0:45 - 1:12 - lead A from Gravity Beetle (0:26-0:50)
1:25 - 1:39 - lead from X-hunter (0:11-0:18)
1:42 - 2:16 - arp from X-hunter intro (0:00-0:03)
1:53 - 2:16 - lead A from Gravity Beetle (0:01-0:26)
2:16 - 2:27 - lead B from Gravity Beetle (0:26-0:50)
2:27 - 2:35 - ending from X-hunter (0:19 - 0:25)
2:41 - 2:52 - lead B from Gravity Beetle (0:26-0:50) with lead from X-hunter (0:04-0:18) as counter melody
2:52 - 3:24 - variation of lead B from Gravity Beetle (0:26-0:50) with 3rd source as counter melody

(The channel would be #ocrcompo) :)

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for the suggestions about the industrial drum kit libraries.

Song subbed. Not my best by any means, but you know one week + life...

yeah... I'll have to do proper justice to this sigma level later for sure.

so um

I made a silly mistake and made my mix with last week's gauntlet theme instead of the current one  :oops:  :tomatoface:

thankfully Blind encouraged me to try to fix it and I was able to swap out the melodies quite easily. 

praise God for good teammates :-) I'll be subbing shortly.