Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

Garpocalypse knows about layering two basses at the same time. Or 5 :P

haha.  jack as... i mean, excellently awesome former boss.   :P  that wasn't layering that was just piling sound on sound until it started to sound good. I think i was roughly 3 more basses short of it working too.   

really tho once i got through that remix things started clicking production wise for me like crazy.  

haha.  jack as... i mean, excellently awesome former boss.   :P  that wasn't layering that was just piling sound on sound until it started to sound good. I think i was roughly 3 more basses short of it working too.   

really tho once i got through that remix things started clicking production wise for me like crazy.  

To me layering multiple basses just cancels out too much stuff to make it sound better or "fatter". Unless you mean layering 24 oscillators of a hardware analog synth, then I'm all for it :P

All in good fun Gar :) But yes, I think 8 basses would have sealed the deal. Eights of Bass.

And yeah, all of your more recent stuff I've heard (SZRC 2014, your one track from this compo) has been sounding even better! ;)

Listening party is over! Logs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93696675/sfrg_round3_party_log.txt

Thanks to everyone who joined!

Definitely agree with what some of y'all said regarding my track. It was pretty safe, I wish I had more time to work on it, I think I only got to spend about 5 hours or so on it. My dog got sick unexpectedly so I had my hands full for a while, but hey things happen! The guitar was a last minute addition and it wasn't too great of a take. I'll definitely try to expand on it before I try to submit it.

Thanks for all the comments so far! Gonna give the tracks a listen some time tomorrow :D

Also, I don't think I ever did metal WillRock :P though I've done a couple rock remixes here and there. Maybe I'll attempt that next time!

ladyWildfire, I strongly urge you to get someone to spit some rhymes over Tribal Hunter if you decide to sub to OCR. The beat is too good and is practically begging for someone to rap over it.

Even better idea: let's have a SFRG Bonus Round where every participant raps/sings over wildfire's instrumental. It'd be like the old vocal VOCR compos haha.

I have a decent 1:15 in my track so far... I'm feeling a lot better about this round than I did with my Round 1 track though. The style is a bit more of a return to form for me too :)

I am totally down for this, although I think it should be every team, not every participant.

Hah, yeah that's what I had meant. Nice job on your track this round too GLL! I love Rainy Turtloid and the lyrics in your song were very relatable ;)

Looks like I'm going this week. I'm thinking Gregorian Chant Breakbeat.

So basically I can't decide what genre I'm doing so I'm doing all of them. 
<3 

http://www.musicgenreslist.com/

Hope that helps.

Oh, and here's my lyrics from GLL's remix last week:

Darkesword compo

With a deadline coming very soon

Mixing n' fixing
Shoveling caffeine in with a spoon

Not much time left
Gotta rush this and get it done
'bout to master
Oh no I forgot a whole section

I'm halfway done

I don't want to let the team down

And I've only used one theme

Just hours left

Barely awake

Not much time left
Gotta rush this and get it done
'bout to master
Oh no I forgot a whole section

I have a feeling these will become highly relevant for some of us in a couple of days.