Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

Looks like I'm going this week. I'm thinking Gregorian Chant Breakbeat.

http://www.musicgenreslist.com/

Hope that helps.

Oh, and here's my lyrics from GLL's remix last week:

Darkesword compo

With a deadline coming very soon

Mixing n' fixing

Shoveling caffeine in with a spoon

Not much time left

Gotta rush this and get it done

'bout to master

Oh no I forgot a whole section

I'm halfway done

I don't want to let the team down

And I've only used one theme

Just hours left

Barely awake

Not much time left

Gotta rush this and get it done

'bout to master

Oh no I forgot a whole section

I have a feeling these will become highly relevant for some of us in a couple of days.

I think everyone goes through that :)

I somewhat fixed my song and now, although it's not good, it's not a joke anymore.  Usa is helping me save it so there should be something at least listenable by tomorrow.  I'm done with the arrangement and I just need to add proper transitions and finishing touches/mix/master tomorrow.

I somewhat fixed my song and now, although it's not good, it's not a joke anymore.  Usa is helping me save it so there should be something at least listenable by tomorrow.  I'm done with the arrangement and I just need to add proper transitions and finishing touches/mix/master tomorrow.

I'm actually quite pleased with my track. I just need to spend today fleshing out the arrangement, working on transitions, fixing up a few troublesome sections, and then doing a bunch of finishing production touches. The style is quite the departure from the two sources, so I'll be interested to hear what people think. I'm glad you got your stuff sorted out Mike!

Guys, I can't believe how happy I am with this week's track. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was this hyped to share something with OCR.

Me too! My track turned out even better than I thought. I'm not going to hype myself up that much though, everything in this compo has been amazing, haha. I can't wait to hear what everyone came up with this round!

For me:

1. Wrote the hook

2. Wrote the intro in the wrong key with a mismatched transition

3. Left it that way

4. Tried to improvise over it

5. Improvised some more but changed the progression to extended 13th chords so it all fit

6. People didn't like it so i told them it was better/smarter music than what they were used to

7. Profit

8. Face = :D

...actually sounds sort of prog.   :P