Apex 2016: I Got Next - History

DarkeSword

Apex 2016
Garden State Exhibition Center
Somerset, NJ
June 17-19

OC ReMix is proud to announce that we're continuing our tradition of creating the official album for the Apex Series of tournaments. Apex is the premier Smash Bros. tournament of the world, with competitive Smash players from all over the world coming to compete.

I don't have a confirmed list of games, but suffice it to say, all four iterations of Smash Bros. will be there.

• Super Smash Bros. 64 - Garrett Williamson
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee - Beatdrop
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Chernabogue
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - DjjD
  • Pokkén Tournament - Open
  • Street Fighter V - Neblix, timaeus222
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Killer Instinct (XBox One)

As always, I'm looking for high energy remixes, suitable for usage in combo videos and highlights reels. While I prefer to have remixes of source material unique to the Smash Bros. games, Nintendo music used in Smash Bros. games are also acceptable.

Apex is in June this year, and I need to produce physical albums, so the tentative deadline for final remixes is May 1, 2016.

If you're interested in remixing some other fighting game soundtracks, please sign-up for the Northwest Majors 8 album, which has an earlier deadline of April 1st.

Holy crap yes. I missed this last year and don't wanna miss it again. I really don't wanna put myself overboard as I already have another track for the 25th anniversary Sonic remix project and I'm behind on that cuz of busy-ness and I also expressed my interest in the SA1 project, but give me a Smash song and I am ready to take it to the next level. I'm part of the competitive Smash scene quite a bit and would love to do a remix for something 64 or Melee-related if you're interested. When you do, lemme know what the exact deadlines are because I can push to make this happen. Seriously interested in being a part of this this year.

• 6 months later...

Alright guys, Apex 2016 was announced officially. It will be in the summer this year! June 17th - 19th, in Somerset NJ!

I will be hosting some OCR staffers at my home here in NJ and we'll be in attendance. As in years past, we are putting together an official album. I'm still waiting to hear back from Apex staff about the details, but I'd like to start recruitment in earnest.

Garrett, which game would you like, 64 or Melee? Let me know.

8 hours ago, Neblix said:

hit me up fam

Put you guys down for SFV.

6 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

I'll try something for a SSB game, always wanted to arrange some music from them, especially the music that was composed for Smash. @Tuberz McGee, @Furilas, would you guys be up for high energy metulz? :D

I've already got Beatdrop on Melee and Garrett on 64. DjjD is doing Smash 4, so I'll put you down for Brawl! Please try to get @Tuberz McGee and @Furilas!

2 hours ago, Amphibious said:

Interested in being on this again for sure!  Not sure what I'd want to remix since the games aren't 100% confirmed, but if Guilty Gear is confirmed then I'd like to claim that.

I'll put you down tentatively for Guilty Gear. If it's not featured, we can figure out another game for you. Definitely want you back this year.

59 minutes ago, DjjD said:

I'd like to do the "Battlefield" theme from Super Smash Bros. for WiiU if possible.

Got you down for it.

Thanks guys!

10 minutes ago, Black_Doom said:

I was worried this would not happen... Phew! Good luck with the album! :D

Hey man, do you want in on the album for a game that's already covered? Because I have ANOTHER FGC album in the works that needs to actually get done earlier. I'm going to post a thread very soon about it, it's for Northwest Majors at the end of April.

2 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

'll put you down tentatively for Guilty Gear. If it's not featured, we can figure out another game for you. Definitely want you back this year.

Awesome. I'm sure we can work something out if there's no Guilty Gear. I wish P4AU was still relevant. (Is it?) Love that soundtrack. If by some miracle it's there I'd be down with it.

• Liontamer changed the title to Apex 2016: I Got Next - History
    • Liontamer locked this topic