Need help with pitch bend

So I've only recently started looking at specific sounds to try and recreate after spending a few years working on composition with mainly VST presets and soundfonts.
I can't figure out how Motoi Sakuraba did this effect at 2:42

I can't tell if it's a simple pitch bend or not, I haven't been able to make anything that sounds similar

The lead also has a fair bit of vibrato. It comes in a little ways after a note is held, so you probably best should automate it using the mod wheel.

Specifically, the way I would do it is link an LFO to the OSC pitch of some moddepth (say, 2 semitones). Then, assuming your LFO has a setting for its amplitude, I would link the Modwheel (of some [moddepth]%) to that amplitude (adjust either [Modwheel moddepth]% or [LFO amplitude]% to match the vibrato intensity you want). As a result, you can move your Modwheel to modulate between no vibrato and [Modwheel moddepth/100 x LFO Amplitude/100]% vibrato.

The reasoning for this involves the idea that you'd be using modwheel to modulate LFO amplitude, which controls the modulation depth of the LFO, which (the LFO) controls the pitch. Why such a chain? This way, you have control over when the vibrato comes in (modwheel), at what intensity (LFO amplitude), and over what pitch range (LFO moddepth) it can reach.

At this point, after that setup, you would have the Pitchwheel for the Master pitch, and the Modwheel for the vibrato mix level (note that if the Modwheel has a moddepth of X%, it means X% of the LFO amplitude, so if the Modwheel is modulating 100% of the LFO amplitude and the LFO amplitude itself is at 60%, the Modwheel makes the synth use 60% "vibrato" and 40% "no vibrato").

If you have any questions, please try to post a screenshot of your synth, and then we can see how to do it specifically.

Do you have any recommendations for a synth I should use? I only have FL Studio, but I tried the pitch bend in 3xosc first, then played around in Harmor. I came up with something close, but I'm not satisfied with how the synth sounds. I dunno if that's just me not using Harmor properly or if I should be trying something else

I'm assuming you would prefer a free synth. If you want to use 3xOsc or Harmor, and you want to get the pitch bend range large enough, you can change that range. When you left-click an instrument channel in the drum sequencer, a small window pops up with Pan, Volume, etc., called the Plugin Wrapper.

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/plugins/wrapper.htm

The pitch bend range is probably at "2" by default. Changing it to "12" should allow your pitch wheel to access a larger pitch bend range (12 semitones = 1 octave). With vibrato, it's going to be a bit harder without a specialized synth that has vibrato built in. You might have to just go into the piano roll, highlight part of the timeline in there, and press Alt+O to generate your own pitch bends for the vibrato that you can modify as Event Edits.

If you want a free alternative synth, others have recommended TAL-Noisemaker a few times.

http://tal-software.com/products/tal-noisemaker

Some reviews:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tal-noisemaker-by-togu-audio-line/reviews

Yeah I just wanted to see if I could make that pitchbend effect, I set the pitchbend range correctly and I came pretty close. I couldn't get vibrato with the modwheel even though I've set it up properly in FL. Does Harmor really not support vibrato or do I have to assign it somewhere?
I'm looking for any synth that's flexible enough to pull that sound off, it doesn't have to be free. I will check out TAL-Noisemaker though
Thanks for you help

If you're willing to save up $200 at some point in time, Zebra2 is always something I would recommend, and it can definitely do everything I specified up above in post #6.

Also, it looks like Harmor has a Vibrato depth knob in the middle-left. You should be able to right-click that knob and link it to the modwheel. (Link to controller, move modwheel). I'm currently unable to test this, but it should work. If it doesn't want to work, I have a short video about this.

Oh you're right. I tried that knob already but it didn't seem to do much, I just had to link both A and B parts for it to be noticable

Zebra2 looks perfect, just what I was looking for. I'll get it as soon as I can. Thanks!