Sonic 3D Blast: Dimensional Duality

DarkeSword

I'd like to see the community take on the effort to do a full coverage album project for both the Genesis/MD and Saturn soundtracks for Sonic 3D Blast, similar to how Temporal Duality covered both the North American and Japanese soundtracks for Sonic CD.

I can't run the project myself given other responsibilities here at OCR, but I'm willing to contribute some music.

Is anyone interested in taking this on? These soundtracks are both wonderful, and I'd love to see a conceptual follow-up to Temporal Duality.

This would be awesome except I'm currently looking at two other Sonic album projects going on at the same time right now. I think we wait to do something like this for a little bit but I'm definitely interested as specific songs on the Saturn version I love more and specific songs on Genesis I love more. Sonic 3D Blast may not be the best Sonic game by any means, but it definitely has a fantastic OST, on both versions.

Yes, I could probably do this if you give me about 6 months to get my personal life fully back together, end my musical hiatus, and to ponder how in the world I will ever top the pinnacle of musical excellence that was Temporal Duality. Because of course, I will need to at least match, or preferably, outdo myself. If someone trustworthy and responsible were willing to co/assistant-direct, that would certainly help.

Ever since we finished Temporal Duality, I had considered doing this exact project, however I needed a break and the time did not feel right. I love the name Dimensional Duality too and I would want to keep that.

EDIT: I'd want a reliable co/asst director because I spent an inordinate amount of time on Temporal Duality (partially due to my own desire to nitpick to perfection and to start and complete it within one year [which was insane I might add]) and I simply can't devote that much time anymore. Having done TD though I think will help immensely as we had a good process down and having been through it once now, it should be easier the second time around.

EDIT EDIT: Sonic 3D Blast came out in 1996, so if we started it late this year / early next year we could get it in for the 20th anniversary too. Starting it later this year might help the bottleneck of other Sonic related projects the folks above mentioned too.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And dammit if I'm going to do this I want Joshua Morse to do a track this time :razz: I could never get a hold of him back when we were doing TD.

• 1 month later...

Just want to drop a note that albums come out whenever, and so while people may be hesitant to get on board because they see three Sonic-related projects actively being worked on simultaneously, that doesn't mean all three albums are gonna come out simultaneously too.  Especially since one of the three was started an entire year ago.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Soooo, sort of necro-posting, right? Well, as you know, Speeding Towards Adventures, which I was directing, was released a few days ago; so I'm interested in starting a new project, and this might be a perfect candidate. This game turns 25 in 2021, so we've got a plenty of time. But at first we need to generate some interest, right? What do you guys think?