Xenogears: Humans + Gears - History

Foxhull

Not much homes, I was gone for 2 days and I come back to see LuiZa is now collabing with you poor saps on the Awakening track. And then I go to listen to the source tune again and map out a prog rock arrangement in my head with all of your guys styles and then I crap myself out of excitement...The mix sounds really good in my head, now get to it guys n gals.

Oh yeah another announcement, of course basically everyone already on the project knew this. E-Bison is gonna be the audio engineer for da proj. He will also be doing a remix for the project if he can find a source tune to work with.

Please check out the proj forums for a more detailed discussion about the mastering process for the project. Input from everyone is always welcome and has really been an integral part in how this project has been run so far.

Also I got another collab partner in mind for the Small Two of Pieces mix.:D If it pans out the mix will prob be moved to the Gears disc. OH YEAH!

When it's in a suitable form, midi or whatever, can i see the awekening arrangment at all, cause i think you said you wanted help with that. I have a pretty good prog background for input.

we don't have anything arranged yet, but LuIzA is going to help with arranging and she is doing the bass guitar part. What we have is:

Style: Metal/Punk/Prog. - Guitar Battle

Rhythm Guitars: Me, Fishy, Tensei-San

Bass Guitar: LuIzA

Drum Track: Doomsday

Lead Guitars: Anyone listed so far that can play and wants to do a lead part as well.

Note: Geoffrey Taucer has offered to help if we need it.

That's what we have so far Fishy, and anyone else who asks.

Also, everyone in the project so far check out General over at the project forum.

When it's in a suitable form, midi or whatever, can i see the awekening arrangment at all, cause i think you said you wanted help with that. I have a pretty good prog background for input.

we don't have anything arranged yet, but LuIzA is going to help with arranging and she is doing the bass guitar part. What we have is:

Lead Guitars: Anyone listed so far that can play and wants to do a lead part as well.

Also, everyone in the project so far check out General over at the project forum.

depending on how you do this thing, i can do a wailing rock solo on my sax (although it'd probably be out of style) if you want it.

or, if you have a desperate urge for vocals, my voice fits pretty well for a rock vocalist, if you wanted.

i dunno. i just want to help out on this project.

Well you could be crazy and have someone run your sax through guitar rig2 and see if you can't create some new kinda sound that would fit!? 8O

One more person working on awakening couldn't hurt now could it?

Oh yeah announcement this is me being super happy :D Reforged is now collabing with Taucer and I on the Small Two of Pieces track. So Foxhull switch this song over to the Gears disc. Wow I can't wait to finish this one and listen to it.

Let me PM Foxhull about it. The track is already taken but then again many of the tracks are similar to emotions. You know Stars of Tears is basically the same song, shhhhh. Well except for the bad ass celtic part in it right at the end.:D We'll def be able to work out something.

Any of the other source tunes giving you any ideas?

If you combined emotions with another track that isn't taken it'd prob def be ok.

Shattering of the Dream Egg, could def go with emotions. The melodies from that tune def fit the relaxing chill feel your goin for.

depending on how you do this thing, i can do a wailing rock solo on my sax (although it'd probably be out of style) if you want it.

or, if you have a desperate urge for vocals, my voice fits pretty well for a rock vocalist, if you wanted.

i dunno. i just want to help out on this project.

Well, that could turn out nicely, I was going to contact you originally about the bass guitar part, but when LuIzA joined in I asked her while I was at it. We could probably work you into the arrangement.

Just let me know, cuz this is already turning into an interesting track. We already have 5 people, and it could continue expanding into 6 to 7 people 8O if we add vocals(the 7th would be a lyricist).

And you already are helping out in the project, but we can always use more help :D .

alright, an update of the main post, fixed some things i missed, thanks avaris.

since VHD has two songs in his medley that others are using as well, the track "Wings" is exclusively his.

a reminder, everyone who has not signed up on the project forums, sign up.

and i like the idea of a sax solo and possibly vocals, who knows, metal distortion on a sax could be interesting 8) . so i'll add you to the list Mephisto.

I can't believe 'Shattering the Egg of Dreams' is still unclaimed!

That is a MUST for a xenogears project... :cry:

Well... fingers crossed, hoping for a remixer joining in and picking it up!

I think I might have someone who can do it, I'll see if that person is still interested. :wink:

fingers crossed :D

I think the vocoder on the sax would prob be better.

I can't believe 'Shattering the Egg of Dreams' is still unclaimed!

That is a MUST for a xenogears project... :cry:

Well... fingers crossed, hoping for a remixer joining in and picking it up!

Oh good news there is someone to do the song :D This certain individual is def well suited to remix this song.

I'm gonna announce who it is after they post their WIP in the private forums, which will be anytime now. :wink: Also I need some reason to keep on shamelessly bumping this thread all the time. I just want to be 100% sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're in.

So in the meantime 'Shattering the Dream Egg' is claimed, and will hopefully stay that way.