Xenogears: Humans + Gears - History

Foxhull

Hey everybody, I just made another update to my "One Who Bears Fangs at God" mix. It's the same exact link as before, feel free to check it out and give some feedback.

Also, for anyone who's working on the Humans disc: If you need someone to record some acoustic parts, I should be able to help out. Just send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Avaris, me and CHIPP are thinking of collabing on one of the remaining songs (or one of the claimed songs that haven't been updated sufficiently) in a Rock/Hiphop hybrid (Think Run DMC & Aerosmith with Walk This Way), so we need something with a decently catchy hook that can be repeated a few times. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Hey Avaris, me and CHIPP are thinking of collabing on one of the remaining songs (or one of the claimed songs that haven't been updated sufficiently) in a Rock/Hiphop hybrid (Think Run DMC & Aerosmith with Walk This Way), so we need something with a decently catchy hook that can be repeated a few times. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Sweet! :)

Let me give the OST a browse through and see what pops up. Big question do you want one of the darker songs or happy songs? Or will anything do?

Ooh by the way, I couldn't find the live-performer thread in the project forums, but I got my hands on a (lefty) bass so I can lay down some wicked basslines now. The REALLY fast stuff I'll have to do with a pick, but I can achieve some decent speed with fingers and I can do some (simple) slapping as well. So anyone who needs a live bass knows where to find me, right? :D

• 2 weeks later...

oh gawd, i forgot about this project. i never thought it'd ever make it, but i guess it's thriving for now.

want to reiterate that i'm available to do sax, bass, and male vocals. if no one's picked up another track anytime soon, i'll see if i can throw something together.

two questions. do we have an ost link or midis so i can work with anything? and, can someone pm me the website link again? i registered, but i don't know if i still have an account anymore. it's been over a year.

Yo Brad I sent you the link for the forums.

Check out the updated track list from there. If there is a track already taken that you are interested let me know and we prob work something out. Blue Laguna has the full OST available. There are midis out there for every track too. Some aren't on vgmusic but we've managed to track em down.

dude.. i was expanding my mix. Sorry for the delay, i'll try to post it this weekend or next.. it's just that right now im on exam period.

No problemo dude. I'm sure more than half of us myself included are in the same exact situation right now! :) Oh yeah guess all the projs got moved to the Projs thread. :shock:

EDIT: Ahhh I see new sub-forum cool.

• 1 month later...

Soooooooo. Awakening. Megacollab. Arrangement Near Done. People who want to play guitar? I got myself and Fishy down already, we have room for 1/2 Rhythm Guitars, a Clean/Acoustic, and a Bass.

I'll give you chumps one week to sign up before I start recording "For Realsies" because I want this sucka to be done and over with already.

Alrighty over the last few months I have been in contact with a lot of people from the project. Basically we all need to get on it and finish our songs! We got tons of songs that are almost done.

For the final songs I'll need a 192 kbps mp3. (the file size does not matter) And wav files as a lossless format.

If anyone has trouble uploading a wav file let me know and I'll give you my user name and password for my ftp on the tha sauce. That way you can just upload there and I can pull it off.

Great work over the past few months progressing on the songs everyone! Now we just gotta pull this together and put the finishing touches on our songs!

If anyone is having trouble finishing their songs please let me know I will do whatever I can to help you finish.

(After Jan 15 I'll post an updated track listing that reflects the current status of the project. Thanks for all the hard work so far guys n gals!)

So uh, if you still need something for the project, I did a song a few days ago before noticing the project here.

http://media.putfile.com/Xenogears---Mechanical-God--Create-Corrupt-Consume-

It's a remix of Awakening.

Hey thanks for the interest dude. We are pretty lenient in terms of allowing multiple mixes of the same song as long as they are in different styles. The problem is the arrangement of Awakening currently being worked on for the project is done in a rock style too.

It sounds pretty good so far. Taucer left some really good critiques in the WIP thread on it. Good luck dude!

Edit: Lookin forward to your finished mix Nutritious. Also everyone head over to the forums to check out Prometheus' finished Lost Broken Shards... mix. Hopefully we can get lots of good opinions from everyone so we can make sure the song can reaches its full potential. Forewarned the ending to the song really hits home in relation to the game!

BIG UPDATE!

Humans Disc

1)Foxhull-June Mermaid

2)avaris-Aveh, the Ancient Dance

2)POCKETMAN-Fuse

3)Geoffrey Taucer-The Treasure Which Cannot Be Stolen

4)Foxhull/Geoffrey Taucer/Fishy/Tensei-San/The Prophet of Mephisto-Awakening

5)Fishy-Shebat: The Wind is Calling

6)Vampire Hunter Dan- Flight, Emotions, The Ship of Regret and Sleep

7)zikon-Tears of The Stars, Hearts of The People

8 )ziwtra-Bonds of Sea And Fire

9)Fishy-Steel Giant

10)POCKETMAN-Wings

11)Prometheus-Lost...Broken Shards

12)CHIPP Damage/cawnil-The Valley Where the Wind is Born

13 ) OA - Gathering Stars in the Night Sky

14) CHIPP Damage/Tensei-San - Tamasu Man of the Sea

Gears Disc

1)R3FORGED-Omen

2)about:blank-One Who Bares Fangs at God

3)Wintermute/Troy Lawlor-Bonds of Sea and Fire

4)avaris/Blue Magic- The One Who is Torn Apart

5)E-Bison-The Light from the Netherworlds

6)Siamey-Back to Sleep

7)Another Soundscape/Avaris-Daijiru: City of Burning Sands

8 )avaris/Jewbei/Nutritious-June Mermaid

9)ziwtra - Wings

10)Geoffrey Taucer/Ross Kmet-Omen

11)Electric Concerto-The Wounded Shall Advance to the Light

12) MaZe - Faraway Promise

13) Nutritious - Leftovers of The Dreams of The Strong

14) Tensei-San/DragonAvenger - Stars of Tears

Blue - Done

Green - Almost Done

Orange - Tracks Available - Need to Hear from SOON!

Updated Available Tracks:

8 - Forest of The Black Moon

9 - Shattering of the Dream Egg

13 - Graaf, Emperor of Darkness

18 - Invasion

19 - Stage of Death

20 - In A Dark Sleep

21 - Singing In The Gentle Wind

22 - The Wounded Shall Advance to the Light

25 - The Blue Traveler

27 - The Jaws of Ice

28 - Knight of Fire

31 - The Sky, The Clouds, And You

33 - Tears of The Stars, Hearts of The People\

36 - Solaris: Eden of Heaven

39 - Pray For The People's Joy

43 - The Beginning And The End

44 - Small of Two Pieces ~ Broken Shards

you've been doing a lot of work on this lately, shaun.

i forgot i was doing the awakening mix with EVERYONE ELSE. so, if you can pm me with what you need, that'd be much appreciated.

beyond that, now that i have a completely reformatted computer without trojan.vundo on it, i should be able to get to work early next week on all my project mixes i'm behind on.